Mr. Tire / Bad Installation, 4 New Tires
Mr. Tire failed to balance wheels after selling me a set of premium Perelli tires for over $500. (I bought them out of my area while traveling when I had a blowout in front of Mr. Tire in Marlboro, MD; I'll never schedule a blowout at such a place again!)
I noticed the typical thumping of unbalanced wheels and, after arriving home (near Aberdeeen, MD). Remembering that Mr. Tire offered me free balancing in the future, I visited another Mr. Tire, this time in Aberdeen, MD. "What's the problem?, " asked the less-than-enthusiastic counterman. "I believe my new tires were installed without being balanced, " said I.
Said Mr. Tire, "Which wheel?"
"I don't know, but the vibration sensor in my butt tells me the right-rear is reallly thumping; but please check all four."
No answer and an unhappy look from Mr. Mr. Tire. Reaching out his hand, he said in his victim role: "KEYS."
Diagnosis: Mr. Mr. Tire said the right-read wheel was "really out of balance." I assumed he checked the other three (another mistake on my part).
Finally, at my next oil change, I had all four wheels rebalanced. All four were sadly out of balance.
Unfortunately, I had never heard of Mr. Tire before buying these tires. (The tires are very good, by the way.)
I recommend you stay away from these people...unless you're buying unmounted tires to be installed by professionals.
More Mr. Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Mr. Tire - Complaint 
- Mr.Tire - Thieves 
- Mr.Tire Auto Centers - overcharges 
- Mr. Tire - Awful experience 
- Mr. Tire - tried to rip me off
- Mr. Tire - wheel bearings & struts
- Mr. Tire - you support the nfl and you don't support us military at all
- Mr. Tire - john troutman owner of suv
- Mr Tire Vestal & Customer Service Depr - damage to tire sensor
- Mr. Tire - a spark plug change and lack of customer service