Mr.Tire Auto Centersovercharges

D

i had bought my son brake pads, brakekleen, brake fluid, brake grease from autozone and my son took them to mr. tire to have them installed.they had an add in the newspaper for a ''brakes forever'' to [1] inspect brake system, [2]install their brake pads[3] repack wheel bearings[4] replace grease seals[5] road test brake capacity [6] lifetime waranty on pads[7] 6 month labor waranty, all for 109.99 . i supplied all necessary parts, they did install a 7.99 headlight bulb for 23.99 they should of charged me approx. 60.00 for this service but did charge me 123.99 and unbelieveable charge .they are rude people at the store and their complaint dept. isnt any better. i will never go to monroe or mr. tire ever again in my lifetime nor any family member or anyone i know in hagerstown md.

• Su
    superglide9375 Mar 04, 2014

i go to these guys all the time.they got good mechanics and the bosses will work with u, they show u a problem and its up to you to get it done or not, they have never done anything without asking me first, i even had some custom stuff done there and they do good work, front end guy there is the best

• Su
    superglide9375 Mar 04, 2014

u should be glad they checked, they could have gave u metallic and u would have been pissed, know what u need before u go anywhere!

• Mr
    Mr. Chuck Kopp May 04, 2009

I took my SUV in to have the Brakes for ever done it was to cost me 109.99 for matalic pads they told me I had to have ceramic pads I said ok but when I got the bill it was $177.39 which was $67.40 more .I know that the brake pads are not 67 dollars for two, and they instull the same way matalic pads are instulled so there was no extra work involved so why was I charged $67.40 more then your add of 109.99, they also said I could not have my wheel barrings packed & new seals were not needed this was a savings to them but in the long run I paid extra and got less this is not good business and I demand a refund on this charge. Mr C. E Kopp EASTON MD.

• Ex
    ex-mech-manager Feb 09, 2009

Look at #2 in your complaint! They install THEIR brake pads! Would you take your own steak to restaurant and ask them to cook it? And expect to them to guarentee that it will taste as good as the one that the stakehouse uses? Do you really expect the shop to warranty brake pads other than their own? When I ran a shop, I would rarely allow customers to bring in their own parts due to liability issues. If the customer insisted, I would charge the customer the applicable labor guide charges and explain that there is no warranty. The labor guide charges will, in most cases, exceed a "coupon price". Most repair shops have a contract or promotion with the brake pad manufacturer used in their special pricing which allows them the ability to charge so little for the service.
    Do me a favor, look up the Mitchell Labor time on installing brake pads, resurfacing rotors, and installing a headlight on your vehicle. Better yet, ask the dealer...and then ask them if you can bring in your own parts. My guess is that the auto shop in question didn't charge you enough.