Mr. Rooter. Midland Park, NJ / Bill shocker

1 230 Bank StreetMidland Park, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 201 445-5615

I called Mr. Rooter, 230 Bank Street, Midland Park, NJ 07432 to clear four underground gutter drains and one drain in the driveway. The quote was $732.00 for the first tow hours and approximatly $350.oo for each additional hours. Thinking this was a reasonable price for clearing five drains, I agreed.
Mr. Rooter cleared one drain in less than one half hour but stated they were unable to clear the other four drains and that I should contract a landscaper to the the probllems. Mr. Rooter was at my home for less than one hour, most of it explaining why they could not unclog the additional four drains. You cn image my SHOCK when they presented me with a bill for $783.24.
To add insult to injury, a letter to Mr. Steve Phykitt, President, Mr. Rooter, was ignored without the common courtesy of a response.
I should add that after the fact I checked for complaints again other Mr. Rooter organizations throut the country and found many complaints. I suggest that before you enter into any agreement with a Mr. Rooter organization you check their complaint history in the internet.
A WORD TO THE WISE...

Ro

Comments

• Az
      21st of Jan, 2011

Any company will have complaints. The Mr. Rooter franchises are all over the world. They do hundreds of thousands of service calls each year. So yeah. There will be complaints. Most of them are unsubstantiated and are written by those that just have to have something to complain about. In your case though. I would call their corporate office in Waco, Texas. You'd be surprised at what kind of a resposne you'll get with that. Mr. Rooter as a whole is a great company. Sometimes people screw up and need a wake up!