Monitronics / Security alarm system
Following a home break-in by teenagers, we were approached by ADT representative to sign up for a home security system. My husband and I agreed. We were perfectly satisfied with the system and service. Within a short time we were again approached by a representative of our security system. The representative told us that there was now an upgrade to our system. At no time did he disclose that he was NOT from ADT but in fact represented Devcon a totally different security company. Unknown to my husband and me we signed a 5 year contract. We were NOT told that was for 5 years or I would not have signed it. I felt taken advantage of by a slick salesperson by his not disclosing that I was signing for a contract for 5 years that could not be canceled. Now another change in our security system. Devcon is bought by Monitronics. We were notified by letter that this was taking place but received no further information. Now to present time. I became a widow when I lost my husband in July. With no family nearby I had to leave my home and am now residing with my daughter. I have contacted Monitronics twice to cancel the contract but have been told that to cancel I would have to pay $800.00 to pay off the remaining 17 months of my contact. Needless to say I do not have that kind of money to expend. I have lost my husband and home and face a contract that I am unable to fulfill or cancel. I feel trapped. Earlier in this form you asked if I was a senior. At 78yrs I certainly consider myself to qualify as a senior. As a widow I am on a fixed income and every penny counts in my effort to support myself.
More Monitronics Complaints & Reviews
- Monitronics Security - Stay away from Monitronics at all costs! 
- Monitronics - Failure to stop billing 
- Monitronics - fraud 
- Monitronics - Stay FAR away from Monitronics 
- Monitronics - Will Not Cancel Service 
- Monitronics - my service. no way to communicate with monotronics. no communication in spanish and the machine doesn't understand my english.
- Monitronics - Phone contract agreement scam
- Monitronics - Still billing after cancellation 
- Monitronics - Horrible practice 
- Monitronics - Rip off