Monitronics / installation of additional equipment

1 Stafford, NY, United States Review updated:

Sept 27, 2017 my house was burglarized while away. 9/28/17 I called requesting 2 security cameras, 2 additional sensors installed. To this date my equipment is not completely installed. Still missing a camera and last night my new panic button died. I turned my alarm and it said "silent alarm". Called you right away. I've had this system in 2 houses for 10-12 years, never late. Customer service is terrible. They put me on hold for hours at a time. Sent John from CNY here, rude, in 4 hrs all he did was put up 2 sensors. He had me call mono and when he was tired of waiting he ripped MY phone out of my hand! Keith from CNY came out and did what he could as one of the cameras was faulty. I would like someone with authority contact me ASAP. Over a month is way too long to wait for equipment I need to feel safe. Not enough space to write everything. You may contact me, Carol Harris, at [protected] asap.

Monitronics

• Updated by Carolkuk, Oct 30, 2017

I have told them I live alone with no neighbors and they put all the issues onto service people. THEY HIRE THEM! My picture is of an empty camera bracket! I am on autopsy and want to stop it. Over a month for proper SECURITY service is way too long for me.

Ca
Oct 30, 2017

Comments

26th of Sep, 2018

We call to cancel our 5 year contract that ended in 15 may 2016 and was informed that because we ordered a camera that we paid for out of pocket and the paid for the installer to come and installer to come that we incurred to 2 years from the first contract without permission. Then two of our sensors went out and Monitronics sent two door new replacements and add 2 years from 15 may 2018 without permission on the contact to 15 may 2020. How is this right. We don agree to this. There will be no more. I do not like a company add time to a contract without time. This has to stop. This is not right. I can not understand how Monitronics/Brinks can do this. I will never sign with another security system in life now that I understand how the security systems work. It is over. When first contract. That should have been it.