Monitronics / Rip off

Momotronics and platium protection alarm system are horrible companies!the salesman that stopped by my home more or less pressured me into getting platium protection alarm system!they installed it that day but i have not been able to use it do to a bogus voice command on the system. it says garage door open when activated we do not have a garage. when i called i got the run around switched to differnt people then told to change the batteries! we are unable to open the system.i called again to no avail just got the run around!i with held 1 month payment because we can not use the system! was harrassed by monotronics, they kept calling my house saying i owed 2 months i have prove i only owed 1 month!i explained why i have not paid Jan.2010 payment and was given a run around again between monotronics and platiumprotection !was told nothing could be done about the problem and i had to pay 2 months owed before anything could be done or an installer sent out to check the system! or i could pay $2000.00 and they would come get the sytem but need the money up front. please do not get involved with thses companies!i am getting a hold of the b.b.b. of ohio! i paid the 2 months when i got my Feb.2010 bill but no one has come to check the system and now i get a voice activated call saying i owe money! thinking about getting an attorney!

Or

Comments

• Mi
      11th of Jan, 2014

I to am having problem with Monitronics. I was approached by a company and they told me that I would have to pay $34.00 each month for 3yrs. My mother who is 74 had a pannic button push it and get help. That was the idea. She pushed no one answered. My sister has had 2 heart attack pushed her pannic button again no answer. I got tried of giving them free money. Now I hear from them everyday.

• Mo
      13th of Jan, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and we are concerned to learn of your customer service/monitoring experience. We are sorry to learn of the incidents and hope everyone is safe because your security is our top priority. Please know that your experiences are not indicative of the standards we try to achieve. Please contact our Executive Response Team. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. We are here Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., CTS and Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., CST. We are closed Saturdays and Sundays.

• Qu
      17th of Apr, 2014

Sometimes the technician will fail to disclose or show you how to use all the equipment that was installed. I know your post is about 4 months old, but I just wanted to comment that depending on the type of your panic button, you may have to hold the button for 2 seconds for it to actually send the signal, example of this would be your keypad panic button, or your keyfob panic button. You need to hold the buttons for 2 seconds for it to send the signal. This is to prevent false alarms. I hope this helps.