Monitronics Alarm / Contracts and scare tactics
A few weeks ago I got a knock on the door from ADT, a competitor of Monitronics Alarm. The ADT people were told me that there had been a break-in within the neighborhood and they wanted to make sure that I had an alarm sytem set-up in my house. Then it just hit me. Those were the exact same words that came from the guy that sold me the Monitronics alarm system almost 2 years ago. I felt really like a sucker for believing their scare tactics. Whether the break-in was true or not, I should have known to assess the situation and not get suckered to these long contracts costing you as much as $1500. With that money I could have just bought a $700 security home security camera that I can monitor from my laptop anywhere. I tried to cancel my contract, but no luck. They put some nice and fake acting business person to sell you the product then give you the worst costumer service person when you try to cancel. Bottom line, I was told I can't cancel even if I lost my job or get sick. They want their money, that's all and they don't care about your well-being and safety.
More Monitronics Alarm Complaints & Reviews
- Monitronics Security - Stay away from Monitronics at all costs! 
- Monitronics - Failure to stop billing 
- Monitronics - fraud 
- Monitronics - Stay FAR away from Monitronics 
- Monitronics - Will Not Cancel Service 
- Moni Smart Security / Monitronics International - security system - being charged during hurricane maria and will not cancel as we were displaced to the usa
- Monitronics - I am complaining about the unit. I can only unlock the door with the key, and it is not registering on my phone.
- Monitronics - security. refund. or 2 years free.
- Monitronics - I called in oct. and requested to have my account disconnected! new withdraw in dec.!!
- Monitronics - home security