MiniPocketRockets.com / Broke Bike Out Of Box Cant Get Replaced

CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-677-2453
I ordered a bike from mini pocket rockets in december of 2007 for my sons christmas, The bike arrived on Jan 7th (4 days late)and when the box was opened the whole front end of the bike was all smashed and broken. I immediately called MPR and told them...they requested photos which I had already taken and immediatley sent them to them. Next they tell me I need to fill out an RMA form and send it to them and they would send the parts. That was on Jan 15th. I have made several foolow up calls and the parts are never in stock. I just called them again and they have no record of the RMA form I sent (which they responded to in an email confirmation). and the parts are still not in stock...almost 4 months later. I told them I am tired of getting the run around, and would be contacting my credit card company and requesting the charges be reversed.

DONT BUY FROM MINIPOCKETROCKETS.COM THEY CANT FULFIL THERE PRODUCTS AND I HOPE YOU DONT NEED PARTS...BECAUSE YOU WONT GET THEM
Sc

Comments

Ma
  26th of Sep, 2008
This was a horrendous experience for me as well. The wrong parts were put on the bike and the front wheel won't even turn. It never got beyond getting lifted out of the crate. Turns out the bike isn't even worth its weight in scrap. I went ahead and contacted the L.A. County Better Business Bureau, they "knew them well." Fortunately, I have 15 years as a consumer advocate, but ashamed to admit that I missed this one coming.
Ta
  9th of Apr, 2011
This company is a ripp off. Do not buy from them. Our bike did not work the 1st time my son sat on it. This company will not return calls and if you send them e-mails no responses unless you use the word "Dispute".

Then you will get the following letter...
Ask yourself, would you buy from a company after reading this?
Also, the BBB is getting so many complaints that they have to close them. They give this company an "F" since they do not respond to them either...

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand that you are considering contacting your Credit Card Company and opening a dispute on the charges. Before you proceed, we would like to be upfront with you on what a dispute entails.

When you decide to dispute the charges with your card company instead of working with us to resolve your issue, you card company will issue you a "Temporary Credit." This means that the Credit you are receiving from them is conditional, and can be reversed.

When we receive paperwork that you are doing a dispute, we have our team fight that dispute with data and evidence on why we feel that your case is not valid. Without going into detail, just know that our win rate on disputes is extremely high. And if we do win (which is the vast majority of the time), that "Temp Credit" you received will be reversed and the charge will be taken out again. And by the time the case settles in our favor (usually within 2 months from dispute date), the return window (30 days) and our limited warranty period (60 days) is usually passed, and we can no longer help you, the customer.

Now, if you are in the minority and actually do win your dispute, you will still be beyond the warranty period, so we will not be able to help you. But it is not over at that point. We work with a very effective Collections Agency which we forward all of your personal information to. They will then research your background and use their methods to help collect funds which we feel are rightfully due to us, if applicable. The methods they use, we have no control over, since we contract those cases out. We can tell you, however, that their methods have shown huge success rates in a very short period of time. For more information on their collections methods and the consequences, you will have to contact them directly when they correspond with you.

Also, if you file the Dispute with your Credit Card Issuing Bank, they will require you to fill out and sign paperwork, which will be legally binding. If you choose to state that the charge was somehow unauthorized, we will also be pursuing Criminal and Legal Actions against the Cardholder. With our data collection from the order, we are very likely able to prove that the order was placed by the Cardholder (via personal information, IP Address, Computer Identity, etc) and this case will be considered Federal Mail Order Fraud, which carries a severe monetary fine along with possible prison time, if convicted.

Instead of doing a dispute with your card company, we advise you to work with us on any issues you may have. We will stand by our products and will help you to the fullest extent. If you have not yet disputed your charges, we can peacefully resolve any issues. By going to route of Disputes, everyone will end up losing in the end, and that is not how we want to conduct business with our valued customers.

We hope this helps and we look forward to serving you in the near future.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

www.MiniPocketRockets.com

Temple City, CA 91780-0130

sales@minipocketrockets.com
Le
  17th of Oct, 2014
I learned they don't care about their BBB as well, just shows how they DON'T CARE and all they want to do is take your money!

MiniPocketRockets Logo MiniPocketRockets