Complaints & Reviews

Resolved rude, wrong part, charged shipping both ways.

Sent wrong part! Got rude about it. Didnt know the difference between a fairing mirror, and a stem handlebar...

Resolved fraud

okay. this is just for the guy @ scootertronics, dude u are the biggest [censored] ever. your site is great! so what I do is send people to your site to find the product they need, then go to ebay and get the same product that you are getting drop shipped for 50% less. I do this aaaaallll day. i made $100, 000 off ebay scooter parts strictly because YOU SUCK.
the funny ### thing is. all you had to do is answer the phone and be nice. nope just ### on the phone? you my friend did not learn the lesson that you were supossed to this life. so im sure you'll get sent back to figure out how to nice. until then you and mary please keep being terrible so my family can make more money! that should do it! thanks ###o. ~scootergod

fraud

Poor parts service

I ordered a part on 5/27/2011 and paid for it by PayPal, I received a shipping notification on 5/30/2011 that the part had shipped. When I didn't receive the part in a few days I tracked the shipment through the USPS, they had never received it. I then called the company and was told that they had backordered the part and would ship it in a few days. I called back on 6/6/2011 and talked with the owner, he said that they didn't have the part and didn't know when he would get it, he was very rude! I asked for a complete refund, and will file a complaint with PayPal. This company is terrible and very unprofessional!

• Pa
    Paddyhaig Oct 06, 2013

Did anyone get a refund from Scootertronics?

• Pa
    Paddyhaig Oct 06, 2013

Did you get a refund and if so, how long did it take? I'm in the process of waiting for a refund from Scootertronics for an item that after I ordered it from the Scootertronics website and it not arriving and also the fact that I didn't get a tracking number. I called and spoke to Michael and he said that he didn't want to sell me the product because he believed it was of poor quality. (Then why advertise it on your website?) He tried to sell me an alternative and I asked for a refund. He said he'd put the credit card refund through. Its been seven days now and the refund still hasn't gone through. I'm about ready to persue a chargeback.

Resolved rude

Just wanted to say I will no longer be doing service with scootertronics. I have ordered from them in the past and was happy with their services. Today I called their 1800 number because I wanted to get specifics on a part before I ordered from their website. Before I could even get started their contact person that answered the phone had complete sarcasm in his voice and made a complete unnecessary sarcastic comment back to be about not knowing my sons scooter. The tone in his voice and sarcasm i knew i would not be doing business with them. I sent them an email and behold the same jerk replied back and said he only reacted to my insult. But as I stated i barely got a few words out of my mouth and never said anything to insult the guy but mention my scooters situation. This operation seems to be a small operation out of someones garage. So not to waste my time with trying to go up the corporate ladder on this jerk i figured best to let other people be weary of this company. I thought them to be very unprofessional and unnecessary sarcastic.

michael milstead Dec 10, 2009

This person never gave me or scootertronics a chance and yes he hung right after I told I did not know what scooter he had after he asked me question about the scooter and he did not want to tell me. His problem had nothing to do with scootertronics or the scooter but something not related. So hanging up on me is insulting which is what I told him when he emailed me to insult me even more. After 6 years and 10s of thousands of customers I am able to realize someones problem with a scooter right off and his is he bought a cheap chinese scooter and its broke and he does notknow what to do but give people a hard time he has never done business with.

Michael Milstead

• Sc
    scrappydogscooters.com Jan 02, 2010

Don't be agravated by your previous Chinese motorsport experience, change it! We at scrappydogscooters.com are committed to customer service and realistic pricing. We stock many parts for chinese vehicles, and ship them right the same day. We guarantee satisfaction fully and completely. We are a Las Vegas all American company, seeking to help good ol' Americans just wanting a good product at a good price. Is that too much to ask? Call 702-689-9266 or email at [email protected] to see if we can help you with your scooter, atv, or motorcycle parts needs.

John Newman Feb 08, 2010

I have had disagreements with the owner of Scootertronics, Michael. He is 'impatient', as the above comment indicates; and has a rather high opinion of himself. Regardless, I requested he or his supplier/importer provide an upgraded carb and manual choke because the scooter can't be started when the temps go down -- when I live we ride as soon as it reaches 60deg. My otherwise excellent 250cc JMSTAR has to be 'assisted' to start. Michael, when confronted with a no-cost upgrade request suggested I keep it in a warm place...glib, but hardly practicle. I live in rural Texas, have no garage and no desire to build one just to house a scooter. Besides, Michael, who has a similar 250cc, did in his reply indicated he, too, had to upgrade his carb to start it in cold weather.

The issue at hand is not one of warranty. As I indicated above this is an excellent scooter and aside from the starting in cold weather problem I would not sell, even if a premium was offered.
    What it involves, as I shared with the Maryland Attorney General's staff, is a failure to meet a basic commercial law statue dealing with 'suitability for purpose intended'. For example: if yo0u purchased a new car or truck that couldn't be started in colder weather chances are owners would file for recovery of their purchase price, or prosecute a claim in states that have Lemon Law protection. Scooter performance is no different; and unless there was mention of that limitation ion the offer of sale would obligate the seller to fix the problem at no cost to the buyer.

By the way, if you're having trouble starting your 250cc in cold weather simply buy a hair dryer, set in on high, focus it on the motor housing and wait 30 minutes before starting.

John Newman

• Bm
    Bmon13 Oct 06, 2011

The owner/guy who answers the phone, micheal milstead, is a complete a**hole. I purchased over $1300 of equipment and he immediately thanked me saying he was going to personally fit the parts on the scooter to make sure they fit. 4 weeks later i got them with 3 of the main components wrong. HE SAID HE FIT THEM ON BEFORE HE SHIPPED!!! Told my mechanic over the phone how was i supposed to know that it wouldn't fit. He has hung up on me twice when i started getting upset and his excuse was ill ship it when i get to it. DOUCHEBAG. Most of the parts i ordered werent even the name brand he sent. Granted he did charge the correct price but when i got them and asked about the wrong stuff he said well i wanted to get it out to you faster so i sent something just as good. REALLY????? And get it out faster???? Bullsh**
    Site looks good but obviously this guy needs help or a faster system. With all the havoc i went through i will not use him again.
    scootertronics.com

Resolved wrong part

Living in Honduras, and ordered a CDI-9000 for my scooter. researched the part, and according to their website, this was my part. I received a cheaper imitation, and when I tried emailing to check if this was what I ordered, these @#%& 's would not respond. It has been weeks and many emails sent and still no response.

They know they sent the wrong part and are only interested in theft; I would avoid these guys, and save a headache and a lot of money because they are going to intionally screw you.

Worst Customer Service Experience of My Life

Waaaaayyyy back in June of 2006 I ordered a Verrucci Retro Scooter from the Scootertronics website. I recieved an automatically generated receipt in my email a few days later, but that was it- no word on my order's progress, shipping, etc. After a week without word, I called to follow-up. At that point Michael (rudely) informed me that the Verruci scooter was not in stock, but that if I would consent he would send me the Meitian scooter instead. "Sure, " I said, it was my first scooter and all I really cared about was that it looked cute and actually showed up, (naive I know, but I'm being honest).

About 2 weeks later my scooter showed up, in a very badly battered cardboard box, with both handlebars sticking out through holes in the packing material and badly scratched. I didn't complain though, I was just happy to have my scooter.

So, a few minor issues with mechanical stuff aside, I was basically happy. (My husband is pretty handy with that kind of stuff so I didn't ever have to go through Scootertronics for repairs or anything).

So here's the problem. I never registered the scooter because it was basically purchased as just something to play around with and ride for fun around the house. I wasn't confident enough of my riding skills to use it as a full-time functional vehicle. So I stuck all the papers that came with the scooter in a file folder in the office cabinet and promply forgot all about them. Until a couple of months ago, that is...

I've recently moved to Washington state, and sadly, the weather is not ideal for scootering- so I listed the scooter on Craigslist. Found a buyer and was gathering up the paperwork when my buyer asked about registering the scooter. I agreed to call the DMV and check into the process. That's when I learned about the infamous MCO, which I'd never even heard of prior to this phone call. I look through my papers, and guess what? That's right, no MCO. No biggie, it probably just fell out of the file during one of our two moves since the purchase. (We're a military family.)

So I email Scootertronics explaining the problem, then I call since I have a buyer waiting for this information. The woman who answered the 800 number has no idea about getting a replacement MCO, and so gives me Michaels cell phone number. After 4 or 5 attempts, I get an answer, explain the issue and am told, (again rather rudely), to email the order number, VIN etc. I do- and tell buyer what's happening and that the new MCO is on the way. Big mistake, HUGE mistake.

Since that phone call, I have emailed numerous times, called repeatedly and when I haven't been flat out ingored, I've been yelled at and hung up on. What the hell? I've been nothing but courteous and polite through all my dealing with this jerk, so again, what the hell?!?

Ultimately, my buyer will most likely have to register the scooter under the Washington state "Ownership In Doubt" clause and wait a full 3 years in order to get a clean title, all because "Screw-her-tronics" can't be bothered to fill out an mail a simple peice of paper. My only consolation is that I am apparently not the only person done dirty by this crappy, crappy company.

Simply put, never shop with them... Ever!

michael milstead Aug 06, 2008

We are attempting to get this resolved and one of the biggest problems scootertronics has faced is the gas crisis in 2008 which as brought so many people into buying scooters which there just is not enough time to help everyone right away. The customer bought a scooter in one state that did not require MCO and moves two years later and now its all our problem. Yes we have new people and need to train everyone. Yes we are attemping to get this matter solved but with so many and the company being as small as it is time is all we need.

Michael Milstead

michael milstead Nov 12, 2008

This matter has been resolved even after two years we still helped with MCO when he moved, the customer moved to another state that our problem and how could we have known.

michael
    scootertronics

No merchandise or refund

Ordered helmet in mid-May, wrong helmet shipped, and I was told I would be given a new helmet, after a month...

Horrible service

My girlfriend and I each placed an order for a scooter helmet with ScooterTronic...

Brand new worthless scooter

Stop smoking the pipe. Folks at scootertronics in Maryland seem to be smoking something because I bought a 3...