Midland Credit Management / Fraud

I am unsure as to why Midland Credit Reporting Agency continues to report on items that have been paid for years. The original debtor has removed this item from my credit report, yet Midland CONTINUES to attempt to ruin my credit for a paid debt of nearly three years. Does Midland continue to make money from individuals who have paid their debts? It makes me wonder if they somehow reporting agencies also benefit from continuing to list these PAID accounts? Midland also refuses to answer any certified letters, leading me to believe that my only option is to contact the Attorney General's Office in order to have Midland explain why they will not remove a PAID ACCOUNT from a credit report? Spite? Are they making money from this, still???

Va

Comments

• Va
      24th of Apr, 2008

My wife and I had a credit card with Shell, there was only 300 dollars on it between both of us. Anyway times got bad for a while and of course it went to Midland Credit Management. Well as time went on we got back on our feet again, so the made a deal with us to pay it off. We gave them a total of 3 checks totalling around 350 or 400 dollars and that would then satisfy them. Anyway about 3 months later we got another phone call from the saying we still owed the 350 as if we never paid them at all. So yea you could say I’m pissed.