Midas / do not do business with this company

My tire were wearing on the inside of my 1996 Honda Accord and I knew I had a front suspension problem and went to Midas for diagnosis and possible repair. Midas called me stating that I needed 'inner tie rod' replacement and that they would do the job for the fantastic price of '$851.00'. They said the parts (inner tie rods) were '$650.00'. I am not a mechanic but I am mechanically inclined and know enough about cars to realize that that price sounded hugely inflated. When I went in to pick up the vehicle the man working the counter kinda under his breath as if to keep me from going elsewhere wrote down '$575.00' and said 'we can get you out for that'.

I told them 'no thanks' and went to the auto parts store where I purchased two new tie rods which were exactly like the ones on the vehicle with a lifetime warranty for $50.00 and put them on myself.

Do not do business with this company.

Va

Comments

Mo
  3rd of Feb, 2010

Sorry but a business can't compete with do it yourself prices. You got a free diagnosis & the tech that checked your car goes home with no groceries. Next time pay to get your car roadtested, put up on a hoist, free courtesy inpsection, including windshield washer topup, tire pressure checked, etc. And the front end inspected, diagnosed, estimated, only to drive out the door, without paying a freakin dime, & then doing it yourself. Next time I go to McDonalds, I mean your work, I'll bring my own food & eat it at your place of employment.

Another do it yourselfer whining...

Te
  8th of Dec, 2012

Yes I agree. Just wondering how you did the alignment yourself?