Midasawful experience

My parents own one car. They are both on SSI and make only $850.00 a month on SSI. The car was over heating. I suggested they go to MIDAS to have them take a look at it. I had never had bad service from them. I was comfortable sending them to MIDAS. They looked at the car and said they knew what was wrong with it and they could definately fix it for $450.00. My parents dropped off the vehicle and left it for three days.

They paid the $450.00 and got it back. The next day they were on the way to a doctors appointment and it overheated again! Luckily I had AAA and got it towed home. They drove it to MIDAS the next day; and it overheated on the way. They said they could 'look into it, for $45.00 an hour.' WHAT A RIP! They took 1/2 of my parents money, with no question --- didn't even fix the problem and now want to charge $45.00 an hour to look at it again! DREAM ON!

I am severely sorry I referred my parents to them. I will never use them again and I am telling EVERYONE never to use them!

I am now sharing my vehicle with them and getting rides from people from my work so they can go to doctor appointments!

• Te
    Tech12 Dec 08, 2012

Whoa! $45 an hour? That is cheap! Cooling systems can easily have more than one problem. Just because you can see a water pump leaking doesn't mean that you don't have an electrical problem with a fan. Get it? Not many people have a lot of money saved for car repairs so don't go for the poor me vote. I don't have hands and had to type this whole thing with my feet. Do you feel sorry for me now?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices