Metlife Disability / short term disability denial

1 KY, United States

WATCH OUT!!!
I've had the unfortunate luck of finding out about MetLife's ridiculousness first-hand.

I had surgery in mid-November 2008 - and according to my doctor (who is a SURGEON) - I needed to be out of work for four weeks. All seemed well with MetLife until about mid-way through the recovery period.
All of a sudden - they were calling me saying my doctor didn't provide this or that...mind you - I'm supposed to be HEALING/GETTING BETTER - not stressing out about what the surgeon's office needed to submit.

Long story short - it's the week before Christmas - I'm back to work and found out that I won't be getting paid on Friday. Yeah - thanks MetLife!
They denied my claim because my doctor didn't send them what they wanted (and somehow - I'm also supposed to be well-versed in medical terminology and lingo to know what the h*ll they're talking about)! Though, they never sent a form or request to the surgeon's office.

I have talked to five reps (at minimum) - and for each time I call - I get told something different. Oh - and the best part is that according to them - they are not even supposed to communicate with me until I receive the official denial letter (which incidentally was sent last week - that I mysteriously haven't received - though I've received every other letter they've sent). Clearly, the criteria for working there is only if you are a cold-hearted, dim-witted ### who simply speaks without thinking.

Oh yeah - and now I have to wait 45 days for a decision...

Tl