Mercedes Benz SA / Poor ride quality of w205

1 Cape Town, South Africa

I purchased a Mercedes 2014 C250 Avantegarde W205 from Orbit Motors in Century City, Cape Town in April 2015.
At the first service in August 2015, I indicated instability of steering over bumps in the road. No fault found on the steering concern at the service.
The steering problem remained and in March 2016, the problem was again reported on Mercedes Benz SA website that referred the matter to Orbit Century City. Arrangements were made for the 2nd March with the Customer Relations Manager, Marcelle Krapf for a test drive. The vehicle was driven by the technician and me and my problem was identified. I was told that the problem could be a characteristic of the vehicle due to the different size tyres front and rear, but the test drive was too short to identify the dynamics of my problem. The vehicle was visually inspected in their workshop while I was waiting and was informed that nothing could be seen that was wrong. No tests were done on test equipment to check the alignment, shock absorbers or suspension. We both agreed that this was not suitable for such a premium vehicle and I requested that this be escalated to MBSA technical department. This was confirmed by Marcelle Krapf, that it would be escalated. I also escalated to MBSA.
After various delays and poor correspondence from Customer Relation Managers, Tau Makoni, Mpho Masutha, Phumzile Malebe, Sibusiso Hlatshwayo, I was informed on the 2016/05/20 that according to MBSA, a thorough test was done, vehicle comparisons were done and that the “characteristic” was as a result of various technical components such as ESP, ABS system, brake temperature tyres etc. etc. And this was normal for this vehicle.
I do not accept the fact that my vehicle was thoroughly tested as mentioned before, the check done was in the short time while I was waiting for my vehicle. This judder on the steering characteristic was not present on three previous generation of Mercedes’ I owned, one of which I still own (C200 Avantegarde 2009)
Over the last fifteen years I received excellent customer service from MBSA. I do not have an issue with Mercedes, only that they honour their customer’s rights as promised as the problem is a concern to me. All further e-mails are now being ignored. I have contacted Marcelle Krapf, customer relations at Century City on the 8th June, who indicated that she is unable to assist further with tests as the matter has been escalated to MBSA.
My passion for the Mercedes brand is slowly being deflated only due to their customer relations and the manner in which this case is being handled. I have requested reference numbers for my complaints to Tau Makoni as well as Phumzile Malebe, Customer Relation Managers, and have received no further response.
I have requested the assistance of MIOSA (Ombudsman) but they simply agreed with MBSA and closed the case

Mercedes Benz SA