Memory-Of.com

Posted:

This website takes advantage of the bereaved

Memory-of.com
memory-of.com
This website takes advantage of the bereaved. It is an unmonitored setting that takes credit card payments, yet issues error messages for any problem with content posting or contact messages. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and they say "complaint is not within their scope of service". Turns out the company operates out of the Cayman Islands as "LIFESTAGEMEDIA". They have a wedding website as well as a memorial website.
Complaint comments Comments (38)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

N  7th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

Memory-of.com - Horrible experience!
Memory-Of.com
memory-of.com

Horrible experience! There are other memorial sites out there that are much less, offer more, and have a much more supportive staff. BEWARE!
A  21st of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
FYI Memory-of.com was taken over by a company called Library of Life as of an email I received in July 2011. The original owners, LifeStageMedia, although it was hard to get in contact with a human being, I was able to finally contact a Henry Chamberlain who did go out of his way to be sure all the issues I was having were resolved to my complete satisfaction. Since I am sure he is not with the new company that took Memory-Of.com over, I guess we're sorta stuck having paid for a site that no longer exists. But I am going to do some major sleuthing and if I find any solid information on the new owners I will surely post here!
N  1st of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
i never received an email regarding change of ownership. My page was accessible until mid afternoon on Saturday 30th June 2012 .
In the morning I was able to view it then by the afternoon the whole site was gone. My sons story is written there (nowhere else) and I am terrified that I will forget all the details. I also have 4 years of candles and loving words from friends and family that I will now never be able to print off. If it was taken over why has it disappeared. Have you been able to find out anything else? I am so gutted. My sons anniversary is tomorrow.
N  15th of Jul, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Has anyone learned more about this? Why the site is down and if or when it will be back up? Is there any action I can take?
A  15th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I could access my son's memorial site until Sat 14 July 2012. What is happening? I created this site early in the year and paid my forever subscription after another site I had his memorial on had gone defunct.
N  17th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
Who can you contact about the site.
N  17th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
Who do you contact about this site.
N  18th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
All of us who have lost tons of messages, candle lighting, and the warmth we had going to visit our loved ones, we need to contact our local news stations. Most stations now have some kind of "problem solver" on the show, and they can reallly get things done. If we, from all over the country, the world for that matter, start letting our frustrations be known, we may, at the very least get some answers. I'm contacting my local stations.
N  18th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
OH WOW !!! I posted above statement, went back to site, and it's UP & RUNNING!!!
I finally got to light a candle for Lou!!!
N  3rd of Jan, 2013 by    +2 Votes
It's the first week of January and the site is down AGAIN! I just bought my own domain, I'll take my 300, 000 and plus hits and bring them elsewhere. THETAYLORFUND.COM
I can't handle the site being down for every holiday. birthday and death day.

Use GoDaddy or someone else and buy your own domain.

Cheaper and it won't go down all the time.

I too am contacting my local TV stations.
N  15th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
Does anyone know why www.memory-of.com is not working ? It is 15th November 2013 and I need to get access to my husband's memorial site !!! Any information, advice would be helpful thanks. If anyone has the email address of the owners of the website so I could find out what is happening.
Carol Williamson
carolwilliamson54@hotmail.com
A  20th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
It seems the new owner is a scam-merchant who cares nothing for the grieving relatives. The best suggestion I can make is to go to the WayBackMachine - http://archive.org/web/ and plug in the address for your old memory-of website (eg isabelle-broadhead.memory-of.com ). That way you may be able to retrieve some of the tributes and candle text, as well as your stories. I don't think images and multimedia will work, but the text is mostly available for our site at least.
A  24th of Feb, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I paid for a lifetime hosting of my deceased son's website. I am devastated that I can no longer access his page! There were precious memories on there, that cannot be replaced!
N  5th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
Trying to access my son site keep getting error message march 2015 whats going on
N  8th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
Years later and still can't access my mams 😭 this is so cruel 😞
N  12th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I"m having similar issues too. I paid the forever fee 3 years ago. Then last week I received a message saying the site for my daughter would be shut down due to non-payment. I've sent multiple messages with no response. I am really to scream and start suing some people. This is so wrong!
A  29th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
My son's memory site: all the lit candles, messages, and pictures are unattainable. I think it is horrible to make the site unavailable and loved one's are unable to retrieve and save any of it. People have put a lot of time and effort into Memoryof.com as a place to have closeness with their loved ones. My son died at 13 and I wanted to post a birthday wish to him today, he would be 23. Now, the site does not come up. What happened to the lifetime membership? It should still be honored. Money was taken. A MAD MOTHER!!!
A  3rd of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I cannot edit my son's site. When I attempt, all I can see is jibberish CODE !!! I have e-mailed and tried to submit the contact form and it will not go through. This is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE site. I hate it for lying and not providing ANY service to the bereaved. KARMA.
N  3rd of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
I don't understand what is happening now because I was able to go to my children's websites at memory-of.com Easter sunday of 2016 which was two weeks ago, and now I keep getting that there is an Error 503. I hope to God it is not shut down, because I take care of three of my children's sites and my grandson's as well. I've spent a lot of money purchasing these sites and that is what keeps me going some days. I'm hoping they are just doing repairs or something because if they are closed that means many, many people have been ripped off. I've had one of my sites for 11 years now and never had a problem, and I'm hoping that this is not the start of one either. However, some people have no problems stealing from others and they don't much care if they are grieving parents or not. Thieves have no conscious!
N  3rd of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
I have been trying to light a candle for my dad for the last week and was getting errors. This weekend I see that the site is totally down with a 503 error. I hope it is just repairs. Given the issues that have been raised in this forum, I will try to move the content to another site which is more reliable and have a snapshot of the site at all time on my drive so that I can revive it on any website if this one goes away.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree