Megabus / re: safety violations due to unqualified foreign bus driver

1825 Reindeer Pl., Bear, DE, United States

I would like to bring to your attention the gross negligence by one of Megabus drivers that I just witnessed on October 7 going from Washington, DC to Newark, DE, reservation number: [protected]-M21R-1700-WAS-NWK. around 7.30 pm. The bus was already late by 20 min, and the driver missed the turn approaching the University of Delaware and went on North Creek Rd. in Newark, DE (which is essentially a bicycle path where I ride my bike). The driver had poor command of English and she did not listen to my recommendations not to make a U-turn on a narrow road bordered by a creek. I also saw potential for the whole bus plunging into the White Clay Creek on several occasions - several close calls. The driver did not let me or other people out while performing a dangerous maneuver and did not let me recover my bag from the luggage compartment and to walk 1/2 mile to the bus stop. The situation was saved by a truck driver who guided our bus to safety. Should it be not his suggestion not to back up, the bus would likely to fall into the creek, resulting in multiple injuries to passengers, if not more severe consequences. As an Interim Dept. Chair at Lincoln University (PA), I am concerned about the safety of your customers, most of whom are students. Megabus must not hire underqualified immigrants who are ready to work for less. Being an immigrant myself I understand how the system works, and I want to make sure that this bus driver is fired from her job and replaced with an American citizen, a person of color, for example, who would not endanger the safety of passengers and company property.

Re