Complaints & Reviews

lost of mobile phone

To whom it may concern my name is Mica Jones. and i travelled with megabus.com on saturday morning to london, and travelled back to Manchester with megabus again at 11;30 the same night durning my travels i misplaced my mobile phone on the service, coming back to manchester.

I misplace a Black nokia 18oo. i would be very greatful if anyone can get in touch with me so i may retrieve my mobile phone,

my contact details are;
[protected]
Miss Mica Jones

horrible customer service

The policies that megabus have in place are not to honor their customers. If a customer plans to "miss their bus" how are they able to amend their reservation? The people that work there are happy to offer you their policies and procedures and what they can't do for you. As a customer we want to know what you CAN do!

Although they do NOT offer refunds how is it that you have to have a time limit to make adjustments to the reservation you have made. I would not suggest others to do business with megabus. I will let you know that you will get what you pay for. Cheap services offer nothing but headachs and do not care about their customers.

I have one question where is the money going for the ticket I purchased and was not able to enjoy my ride, to St. Louis?????

customer service

I have never had a problem with Megabus until recently. For years I have bought my bus ticket from Whitby to...

broken bus

I took the megabus on Wednesday March 9th, 2017 from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia and the bus broke down due to...

stolen items

My son went to his Great grandfathers funeral in Maryland and decided to take the Mega Bus back to Charlotte NC. Well they lost his luggage and he didn't get his luggage back until a week later. Needless to say when he did get it back the employees had gone through his luggage and had stolen two pairs of his Jordan tennis shoes!!! Customer service for the MegaBus is a joke so don't know if we will ever get our money out of them. Their customer service dept doesn't even know how to set up or take a claim!!! Where did this sorry company come from anyway? You would do much better going Greyhound or taking the train. By all means do not take the Mega Bus!!! Horrible company!!!

pathetic company

First of all to try and get through to megabus is a major problem. You have to hold for 30 minutes before anyone answers your call. My husband and I were supposed to travel on the megabus to Baltimore but the trip was cancelled because of bad weather. I tried all day to get on to a bus for Thursday. Was told there was nothing available. Was then told that there was a bus leaving at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday so we went to the bus station (1 1/2 hours), and there were no megabuses that day. Came home. Tried to get onto a bus again for Thursday. Couldn't. At 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday night I managed to get into their sight and found seats. We left on Thursday. There were 13 out of 54 seats taken. Left Baltimore on the 18th. Called before. One person said there were no delays, the other said we must call back at 10:00 a.m. Went to the bus station - a little bus shelter in the middle of nowhere, waited for the 8:00 a.m. bus until 9:15 a.m. and then tried to call. Their line was busy. Impossible to get through. Left the bus station and booked a plane to return home. There was no communication. When I called to complain I was offered free tickets which I refused. We will never travel on a megabus again. They are just the worst company. No one knows what is happening. A pathetic company. Incidentally I e-mailed them 6 days ago and have had no reply.

very poor customer service

I arrived 30 min early at the Rochester bus stop for Megabus. I had taken this particular bus from this stop several times before. When the bus was 15 min late, I called customer service to see if there was a service interruption. While on the phone, the bus came barreling around the corner at top speed. I hung up and, while two of us stood on the curb with three pieces of luggage and a megabus confirmation in my hand and watched the bus quickly drive out of sight. Never slowing down, never stopping. Over the next 2 1/2 hours I stood at that location on the phone with EIGHT different customer service representative. None of them were able to offer any assistance whatsoever. I began asking them what they were doing while I was being put on hold for very long stretches of time and never received a straight answer from any of them. I began asking each of them if they were satisfied with the level of customer service they had provided, and again, no direct answers. Just "I'm sorry there is nothing I can do." The last person said she would rebook me for the next day (and still charge me full price.) After about 30 minutes, much of that time spent with me on hold, she offered seats out of Syracuse at 1:15am (1 1/2 hours away.) I took the seats out of desperation, but no compensation was offered. What kind of bus driver just drives right past people obviously waiting for the bus? The worst company with ZERO customer service. JetBlue is maybe $10 more for the trip, they have excellent customer service, and at least I know the plane isn't going to whiz by me while I'm waiting at the gate.

Not Happy with Mega Mar 19, 2015

My complaint is for not being able to reach and talk with an helpful person. I booked around trip ticket for two to NY. Leaving 13 March returning the 15, 15. I took and booked the return ticket for the wrong time and had to pay to change to an early time. Once arriving at the bus stop and waiting was told that I could pay an additional $5 and take the bus leaving an 1/2 hour early since I was there. I decided we had already been charged an additional $25. to get the 10:30 back to dc. Paid for the Mega bus to be put on a coach and then to fill it let the 11:00 people ride for no additional fee. I did not pay for the coach but to ride back on a mega the same way we came up. since I had to pay an additional because I made a mistake an could not get help with out paying for mega customer service to help. I have not been so put out the first time the fee was too much so we got the Bolt should have stayed with the Bolt the same bus round trip. I was not told that I would be riding a coach bus in place of the mega. The coach seats and wifi was not good at all and the ride was the worst. We had to stop in white oak and the bus was just not a good or what I would have paid for. I ask for my money back and the person loading the bus said take it up with the company.. I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A WEEK NO TO GET SOME ONE. I AM ON HOLD NOW WATING FOR SOMEONE SINCE 12:45 IT IS NOW 1:40PM. Never will I ride or tell anyone else to use mega.

M. Pittman [email protected]

customer service and travel time

I travel every weekend between New York and DC using Bold, DC2NY, and Megabus. The two times I've used Megabus I've been really grustrated with their service. They say that they will get you to NYC from DC in about 4hrs and 20 minutes. However, each time I take the bus it takes 2hrs just to get to Baltimore (which is 1 hour away), and another 3.5hrs to 4hrs to get to NYC. So an extra hour ot more. They know this is how long it takes, but don't tell you a) that you're taking a detour through Baltimore and b( what time you will truly arrive in the city. I also felt awful for the people left in Baltimore because their 4:00 bus didn't come. They people not catching their 5:00 bus because of the 4:00 people for on then fought for a while with Megabus and we were even later than usual. What a rotten way to travel! From now on it is Bolt, DC2NY or Greyhound for me!

unreliable service

I had mot one, but many terrible experiences with Mega bus. Bus from Boston to philadelphia left almost 2 hours late, without any anouncement, passangers already in the bus waiting paitently. When finnally, we asked the driver, who was chatting on the cell phone, he responded, we leave, when we can. What is that mean????

Second time, on Thanksgiving evening, have planned to visit my family, but thanks to Mega bus, bus never showed up. We waited mo0re than 3 hours, without knowing, when or is we will leave. Called costomer service same day, she said someone will call back. waited almost a month, nobody called, called again, thaey put me on hold for so long, I hang up. e-mailed them no answer back.

I think, this bus company should not be in business

uncomfortable bus ride

8/4/10 while boarding the bus in Chicago the bus driver was reading the comfermation numbers then sent everybody upstairs because he was boarding his family downstairs then when customers tried to get a seat on the first floor he put his feet up on the wall so that no one could get through.So when he was doneboarding his family he was still not letting anyone downstairs so he sent everyone else upstairs and it was squished.people where standing up and the people who where sitting down couldn't move because it was crowded Bus DD080

treatment of passenger

I am currently sitting on the July 6th, 2010 bus from New York to toronto that left at 7:20 pm. It is 2:35 and we are in syracuse. We are 2.5 hours behind schedule because of this bus driver. He keeps on stopping the bus for a break and letting people stay off the bus until he feels like its time to go. We waited for an hour at one stop and 45 minutes at the other two. On the schedule the only stop with waiting time is syracuse which is half an hour. He is being incredibly unprofessional, he answers any questions in a fresh manner. The people supposed to pick me up will be at work at that hour and will no longer be able to pick me up. I am requesting that megabus pay for my cab fare is to get to their house. This wasn't an unforeseen matter of traffic that delayed us, this is due to incompetence of an employee of yours. I will never recommend megabus to anyone that I know nor will I consider it a service I would ever take again. This type of treatment of a passenger and of an entire bus is completely unfair.

no response

On a Megabus trip from Rochester to NYC (M-24) on May 27, 2010, the entire bus was subjected to the psychotic behavior of a driver who needs to be evaluated for serious psychological issues. To make matters worse, just a few days later, I emailed customer service at Megabus and sent a letter to the president of Coach USA but have not even received a "auto response" stating that my complaint was received. It's as if they are ignoring me completely. Well, they don't realize who they are dealing with.

I have always had a pretty decent experience on Megabus until now. Here is what our driver did on our trip:

1) Yelled at me (actually YELLED) for boarding the bus without first showing ticket. Entire group was upset by this scene and they said so to the driver. But he ignored everyone.

2) Did not allow me to sit in the seat of my choice….said NO ON was allowed to sit there. But at another stop, allowed someone he knew personally to sit in that seat.

3) When a passenger asked the driver why the Wi-Fi wasn’t working, the driver said It's working. If you can't connect to the Internet, it's not my problem.

4) When a passenger told the driver she had left her food at the counter in the rest stop, the driver allowed her to go back to get it but then said out loud to the entire bus That's a smart passenger for you. And he laughed.

5) Drove erratically the entire trip…speeding up beyond the speed limit, then jamming on his brakes and taking curves very sharply, making most of us fall out of our seats. He also cursed and yelled at two other vehicles (one was a car and the other was a bus). He used language that I will not repeat here, but in both cases was trying to incite a fight.

To the "powers that be" at Megabus and Coach USA, if you want to stay in business and you don't want lawsuits...do something and quick to respond to your customers' concerns.

crazy driver and non response from megabus

I have always had a pretty decent experience on Megabus until now. It will take a lot for me to change my opinion of this company which could become bigger and better than Greyhound, if they only listened to their customers and changed some of their business practices.

Here is what our driver did on our trip:

2) Did not allow me to sit in the seat of my choice...said NO ON was allowed to sit there. But at another stop, allowed someone he knew personally to sit in that seat.
3) When a passenger asked the driver why the Wi-Fi wasn't working, the driver said It's working. If you can't connect to the Internet, it's not my problem.
5) Drove erratically the entire trip...speeding up beyond the speed limit, then jamming on his brakes and taking curves very sharply, making most of us fall out of our seats. He also cursed and yelled at two other vehicles (one was a car and the other was a bus). He used language that I will not repeat here, but in both cases was trying to incite a fight.

customer deservice

I have been mistreated by MegaBus customer service. Their service is notorious. On top of that, they wasted...

cancelled and didn't refund

After arriving in Buffalo on a red-eye flight at the end of February (read: WINTER(, I waiting for a 5 a.m. Megabus pickup that never came. Three hours after the scheduled departure, I received an email to tell me that the bus route was cancelled for the day. Of course, they already knew this the night before because the bus never left NYC the previous night because of bad weather. No notification was posted on their site, and no one was available until 9 a.m. to provide information either. I ended up taking a local bus to downtown Buffalo and then catching the next Greyhound--something that I could have done 4 hours earlier had I received notification that the bus I was waiting for wasn't coming. Now, to top it all off, after two months of calling and emailing, I still have not had a refund for this trip issued to my credit card. What is wrong with these people?

somebody took my suitcase on the stop of the bus

Hello everyone My name is Leilla Pires de Araujo Silva and I was in the MEGABUS from New York to Washington...

no customer service

Do not use Megabus, unless your willing to throw money to the wind. A non- customer, non-friendly company..if...

ticket amendment scam

I booked Megabus tickets for my daughter and her friend to attend a university open day in Leeds (travelling from London, Victoria Coach Station)and paid £24.50 including the booking fee. I had to change the date the next day and was told by their customeer helpline that I would be charged £1 per ticket amendment fee. I went through their re-booking process and noticed I was being charged £22 for the journey. I called the helpline again and they said it was probably a glitch and I could claim a refund by emailing them, so I completed the transaction. Emailed them same day and received a reply saying my original booking had been credited against my 'new' booking but as the 'new' booking was less expensive I would get no refund. I have now paid double the price for one return journey and they are refusing to issue a £22 refund. I have lodged a complaint with the Office of Fair Trading about Megabuses' unfair practices, but if this is how they treat customers I'd advise against having anything to do with them. My daughter said the trip was a nightmare anyway. Took ages top get the outbound coach to start, the toilet was out of action and the driver on the return trip was offensive and refused to let her eat a meal she had grabbed during a 5 minute break at a service station on the coach even though there was no time to eat it during the 5 minute stop-over. I'll never use them again.

• Gr
    Grumblz Oct 08, 2017

Megabus is becoming known in the U.S. as a very offensive business whose busses are often late with rude drivers and Megabus has many devices for scamming customers out of their money with no apparent recourse. I too will never use them again after they sold me the wrong tickets and then wouldn't let me and my friend on the right bus we thought we were getting tickets for. They sold our spaces to others and thrreatened to call police if we didn't get off the bus. There were no more busses to take that night. We were stranded in NYC because of megabus.com. Megabus ruined our planned weekend. Cost of this indignity? $92.50 non refundable non exchangeable and no apology! DON"T USE MEGABUS!

• Ca
    Callie Donseroux Dec 13, 2019

@Grumblz MEGABUS DID NOT PROVIDE A BUS FOR OUR RETURN TRIP, AND DID NOT FULLY REFUND ME FOR THE MONEY I SPENT FOR NEW RETURN TRIP TICKETS:
    On 30 November 2019, we arrived at the MARTA CIVIC CENTER, ATLANTA, GA. at 7:15am to catch our return bus to VALDOSTA, GA. that was scheduled to depart at 7:45am. When we arrived, THERE WAS NO MEGABUS PRESENT, so we sat where we could see the bus arrive (it would have to drive past us to reach the boarding area) and WAITED, AND WAITED. Finally, at approximately 8:11am AN EMPTY MEGABUS (#M96R) ARRIVED, AND THE INFORMATION ON OUR TICKETS MATCHED THE BUS!! We asked the driver if it was the BUS GOING TO VALDOSTA, GA., AND WAS TOLD "NO, THIS BUS IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE, IT IS GOING BACK TO THE YARD".THEN IT LEFT WITHOUT PICKING UP ANYONE.

TWO (2) MORE MEGABUSES ARRIVED (WITH DIFFERENT BUS NUMBERS) WITHIN 5-10 MINUTES AFTERWARDS, BOTH EMPTY/BOTH DRIVERS CLAIMING THAT THE BUSES WERE "NOT GOING ANYWHERE/GOING BACK TO THE YARD". Why would EMPTY BUSES ARRIVE AT THE MARTA CIVIC CENTER JUST TO RETURN?? That makes ZERO SENSE.

Evidently SOMETHING WENT WRONG ON THE MEGABUS END, AND OUR RETURN RESERVATION FOR 30 NOVEMBER 2019 AT 0745 AM WAS NOT HONORED.
    MY ORIGINAL ROUND TRIP cost only $71.50, and the SEATS WERE RESERVED (SEE TICKET: A I R M T N Q) MY DAUGHTER HAD A SEPARATE RETURN TICKET FOR 30 NOVEMBER 2019, ALSO.

We BOTH needed to return home BEFORE MONDAY 2 December 2019, so I had to spend additional funds ($126.00) for TWO tickets FOR THE NEXT DAY (Sunday, 1 December 2019)!!

TOTAL AMOUNT I SPENT FOR THIS "TRIP"
    11/08/2019

-$71.50 (ORIGINAL TRIP PRICE)
    12/01/2019

-$60.50 (RETURN TRIP FOR TWO)
    12/01/2019

-$65.50 (RETURN TRIP FOR TWO)
    GRAND TOTAL:: $197.50 - 71.50 _________

$126.00

ONCE WE SPENT MORE MONEY, MEGABUS SHOWED UP ON 1 DECEMBER 2019, AND IT WAS THE EXACT SAME BUS/BUS NUMBER!!!. THE DRIVER EVEN HAD A MANIFEST/LIST THAT SHE CHECKED NAMES/TICKETS OFF!!! She also made a BIG DISPLAY OF CALLING OUT:

"VALDOSTA, THIS BUS IS GOING TO VALDOSTA!!"

Whereas, NOTHING was announced AT ALL ON SATURDAY, 30 NOVEMBER 2019 WHILE WE SAT AND WAITED, NOTHING.

I am certain that there is CAMERA SURVEILLANCE THAT WILL SUPPORT ALL THAT I HAVE STATED.

In Good Faith I paid Megabus for service that I DID NOT RECEIVE UNTIL I PAID EVEN MORE.

Our return tickets should have been HONORED, AND WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO BOARD THE NEXT BUS (SUNDAY, 1 DEC 2019) AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO US, BUT THIS DID NOT OCCUR, INSTEAD, WE HAD TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL $126.00 TO RETURN. AND NO FAIR AND EQUITABLE CREDIT WAS OFFERED IN COMPARISON TO THE AMOUNT(S) THAT BOTH MY DAUGHTER AND I PAID!!!

We have begun to do an extensive, in-depth research of MEGABUS, and it is apparent that THIS IS A COMMON PRACTICE FOR MEGABUS. TO NOT SUPPLY A RETURN BUS, FORCE THEIR STRANDED CUSTOMER(S) TO PAY FOR ADDITIONAL TICKETS (AT A HIGHER COST) TO RETURN TO THEIR DESTINATION, AND THEN REFUSE TO REFUND THEM IN FULL. Instead they will ATTEMPT TO PLACE THE BLAME ON THEIR CUSTOMERS, AND SQUEEZE THEM FOR MORE $$!!

This IS A FRAUDULENT BAIT/SWITCH TACTIC BY MEGABUS THAT SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED, AND A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT SHOULD BE BROUGHT AGAINST THEM!!

lost my luggage

The megabus company lost my luggage, containing my laptop, clothes, shoes and a text book which I burrowed...

customer service

I contacted your service center and spoke to Evelyn Ford (ID #762168) regarding my son who is travelling from Chicago, IL to St. Louis, MO. He was scheduled to take the 4:30 p.m. bus. He left Milwaukee, WI at 2:00 p.m. to head to Chicago, IL by car. He ended up being stuck in traffic (I94 Construction) until 3:00. Arrived in downtown Chicago at 4:35 and missed the bus.<br />
<br />
He had no money on him and mom is broke. She refused to offer assitance other than purchasing another ticket. I am utterly disturbed at Megabus' definition of customer service. In essence you pocket $20 for being 5 minutes late and offer no compensation. I asked if there was anything at all she can do to assist and she flatly refused.<br />
<br />
I plan to post this complaint online for the world to see unless I get a complete explaination from your company explaining your employees insensitivity to this situation.

• En
    enowels Mar 09, 2010

I think they may have changed their policies since this incident. I recently took a trip and missed my bus by only a minute or two. The Megabus employee who was taking tickets told us it was a $5 fee to transfer the tickets to a later bus that had seats available as long as the destination was the same. We got on the next bus and only had to pay an extra $5 rather than purchasing new tickets at full price.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices