Megabus / discrimination

1 160 S. Route 17 NorthParamus, NJ, United States Review updated:

I had a 5:30 pm reservation for a New York-to-Boston bus trip on Friday (August 1, 2008). I arrived at the Megabus' stop at 4:30 pm. There was a bus waiting and there were seats still available. Therefore, I asked the supervisor if I could take the 4:30 bus and he did not allow. A couple of minutes later, a girl arrived at the bus stop with a 6:30 pm reservation. She asked the same supervisor to take the 4:30 bus and he allowed her without additional fees. I asked the supervisor again if I could take the 4:30 bus. He, again, did not allow me and suggested me to pay $45 if I still wanted to take the 4:30 bus. I then asked him the reason that he allowed the girl to take it and he said "she's going to love me forever". I felt discriminated and did not feel safe using the company's service with such discriminatory treatment. I decided to leave and did not use the service at all.

• Deon T's Response, Aug 26, 2018

On Saturday 8/24, I took the 5pm Megabus from NY to DC. We left NY on time. The bus stopped in White Marsh MD shortly before 8pm. About 15mins later the driver announced that we were waiting on a relief driver who showed up an hour later. There was no appology or anything given by the relief driver. We arrived in DC at 10:25pm

Va

Comments

• Sh
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Megabus - Late bus

My reservation# 72-9261-062018-M37R-2305-ATH-ATL my name is Shanna Pressley I had a reservation last night and the bus was running 1 hour and 20 mins late therefore I was uable to take this trip. And it was because y'all had a bus driver quiet. I really want a refund but another ticket would be just as well. My phone # 7065012523

• Aa
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Megabus - Luggage Conducter
    Berkeley
    California

On my trip frim Los Angeles to Oakland CA, on 29th May at 11.59 pm, the person who was handling the luggage behaved in a very irrational manner. Racism at its peak. Also he used a derogatory slur, calling me a Midget and worst stuff.
    Please look into the matter and take some action !!

• Ny
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Megabus - I am complaining about a rude driver

I am on the 3 pm trip from boston to new york on 7 May 2018, and the lady driver have been rude to a couple of passengers.

21st of Aug, 2018
    Megabus - Bus left early left me after I had a pre paid ticket And then purchased another ticket at the terminal
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

Got to bus stop at 12:45 am for the 1:00 am bus
    Had a purchased ticket
    Got to terminal gave them my conforming number AG6VAQQ
    The attendant said it was not on file
    So I gave him my credit card to purchase another ticket for 45 dollars
    He took my credit card and swiped it
    Then the bus driver pulled off before 1 am

• Tr
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Megabus - Bus ride
    New york
    New York
    Megabus.com

Today me and about 10 other people were trying to catch a megabus in NYC to Toronto. The bus started pulling away as we were all standing there waiting to get on. We stepped in front of the bus asking to be let on and he refused to open the door. Customer service was useless and refuses to issue refund or even a credit. Do not ride with them!!!

• Lo
      27th of Aug, 2018
    Megabus - The driver
    Pittsburgh
    Pennsylvania

Too aggressive and mean date 20. Going from pittsburgh pa to New York city

1st of Sep, 2018
    Megabus - Bus was cold very cold on bus please give me a refund my number is 678-748-9499
    Tucker
    Georgia

Bus was very cold and restrooms lock was broken want refund bus was. Late bus got Atlanta GA we had to wait on a cold bus for 2 hours we got off to get on another cold bus all the way to Chicago IL bus was so cold my hands were numb rest room lock was broken you go in but you can't get out please give me a refund my number is 678-748-9499

Megabus - money
    megabus
    megabus.com

they did not give us discount after we cancelled the bus was sept 9 2017 for 3 adults when buy the ticket then cancel the trip because we had miss our flight was not getting notification on time was not our fault I am sorry

• Lo
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Megabus - Bus NY-Washington D.C. (11:00) delayed 1hour 30 mins the 9th of January
    megabus.com

We waited more than 1 hour and a half for the bus from New York to Washington. It was supposed to leave Washington at 11:00 pm. We were stranded on the frozen street and nobody told us anything until the bus arrived super late.
    I consider completely fair a refund of the ticket.

• De
    Megabus - Relief driver showed up 1hr late
    DC
    Washington
    Megabus.com

On 8/24 we left NYC at 5pm heading to Washington DC. We stopped in White Marsh MD about 7:50pm. We were there 15mins before the driver announced that we were waiting on a relief driver. The relief driver showed up an hour late. No appology or anything was given. We arrived in DC at 10:25pm.

3rd of Sep, 2018
    Megabus - Megabus delay

They kept changing the driver. I was supposed to get to new york by 2:30. I still couldn't get to new york until 5p.m. It really messed up my schedule. Please be responsible. The entire trip was supposed to be a 4hr trip. It's been 7 hours!!! Never using megabus again

• Mo
      6th of Sep, 2018
    Megabus - Lack of tea coffee
    Aberdeen
    Scotland, Grampian
    United Kingdom

Hi there.

I have travelled up and down for years on the mega /gold bus to Edinburgh.I get a hot drink and snack when i take the Gold service.
    However the few times im in Glasgow bus "the boiler has broke" so no hot drinks.
    This has been for years now so what is the REAL problem we dont get hot drinks to Glasgow

• Ke
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Megabus - didn't feel safe on the bus after having an altercation with another rider about him being in my seat.. made threats towards me

Guest continued to antagonize me for the entire 2 1/2 ride

• Ur
      18th of Sep, 2018
    Megabus - late bus
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania
    megabus.com

The bus was supposed to leave at 8:30 now it's 8:55 and we're still not moving, every person here deserves a refund, people have schedules and are depending to be right on time, in my opinion this is a complete disrespect to everyone that is riding this bus.

• Pe
      18th of Sep, 2018
    Megabus - routes and connections

Routes: Why is there no bus from Memphis to Knoxville TN?

Connection: My daughter has to spend one whole day in Atlanta, GA, because the bus from Memphis gets there after the bus to Knoxville leaves. She has no money for a hotel. Why can they not have the bus to Knoxville, TN leave later so people that need to get there can make the connection.

• Ra
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Megabus - wifi

No wifi service on the afternoon detroit-ann arbor-chicago run yesterday, september 12, 2017.

• El
      20th of Sep, 2018
    Megabus - i'm making a complaint about our bus driver.
    Houston, TexasHouston
    Megabus.com

I was on bus DD929.. first off our bus ran 1 and half hours late.. I'm having a conversation with my mother and our bus driver was very rude and told us if we don't keep it down we will be kicked off the bus.. noted that we are right above the stairs. Of course she can hear our conversations. So now this bus ride had become socially awkward for us

22nd of Oct, 2018
    Mega Bus - service

I was scheduled to leave Louisville Kentucky Friday at 4:00 PM the bus did not get there Until 5:45going to Atlanta I was late for a wedding which I was supposed to attend and the bus didn't get there until almost 1:30 pm so I feel like I should get a refund very bad experience

• Na
      5th of Nov, 2018
    Megabus - policy and rudeness
    Winter Park
    Florida

I am a resident of Orlando Florida and return from Jamaica on June 5th 2017 with a paid ticket to Orlando Florida and due to long lines at immigration missed bus and was refused another bus to go home was told by customer service I had to buy another ticket and I did not have enough so was stuck Miami for 2 days no food or medication