Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] Logo

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]

Having problems with Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]?

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 24, 2010. The latest review Unhelpful & rude customer service representative and unresolved locked e-ticket app issue was posted on Jun 14, 2021. The latest complaint incompetence was resolved on Jun 22, 2013. Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 189 reviews. Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] has resolved 6 complaints.

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] Customer Service Contacts

Jamaica Station
Jamaica, New York
United States - 11435-4380

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] Customer Service. Initial Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]. Discuss the issues you have had with Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] Complaints & Reviews

Jun 14, 2021

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] — Unhelpful & rude customer service representative and unresolved locked e-ticket app issue

June 14th 2021- Train has been running late (6/6mins) in the past 2 weeks. I always activate my tickets a...

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]Passengers not wearing masks

I'm a Black man on the train to Penn station train #4051 starting in Southampton 6:22am. I and everyone else is wearing a mask except for the Caucasian man sitting across from me. Sometimes coughing, taliking on the phone even as a conductor took his money for a ticket, not one word as mentioned about his lack of a mask. Frankly, I don't believe Caucasian conductor would have allowed me to go maskless. Also, would have provided more details, just changed at Jamaica.

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]Schedule

I took the train from Cold Spring Harbor on a Weekend and I had to take a shuttle to Hicksville then to Babylon to Penn Station! Would it make more sense if the shuttle bus went to Wantagh or any other stop going towards the city?

More then 2 hours to get to Penn Station. Who comes up with these schedules!?

I pay monthly $365.00. We deserve better service.

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]Train Schedule

The service on the lirr service going between atlantic terminal and locust manor has been horrible. Were in an pandemic the trains have been so pack you can even breathe then the trains have constant delays making me late for work not once but many times.The lirr is an importance to many working essential workers how is it possible to have a train running every other hour with such a crucial virus that is so selfish for me and others that don't speak out thats paying their fares. You have inconsiderate riders without mask on top of the trains being packed like sardines in a can you have a train going to all other areas on a decent time but in the black community they suffer and thats so unfair ! im sick of this the trains need to go back to how it was despite the lirr running every hour they are never on time i see the elderly waiting in the cold sometimes at least 45mins how cruel i wish all train riders will on a strike without us how do you make money ! enough is enough !

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]evening work on the real line

I reside in Bayside Queens on 218th St. and since the evening of Feb 25th, work is being done on the LIRR adjacent to my home. Work begins at 11:00 p.m. and goes until 3:00 a.m. every night, including the weekend. Work then begins again between 6:00/7:00 a.m. in the morning.

For almost 2 weeks, myself and my surrounding neighbors have not slept due to the incessant beeping and noise from machinery. WE WANT THE NOISE TO STOP.

I arrive home from work between 5:00-6:00 p.m. and no work is being done..as mentioned, it begins at 11:00 p.m. There has to be a way for the work to be accomplished which will allow us to have our quality of life back by being permitted to sleep at night. We have jobs, we have families..we deserve the right to quiet at night!

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]Waiting area Closed

Sir/Ma'am: I am completely dissatisfied about the Valley Stream waiting room being Closed. It is FREEZING outside and I waited last night from 7:40 to 8:20 for a train. I woke up this morning SICK. Thanks alot. I asked the police a couple of months ago WHY is the waiting area and Bathroom locked and they had the audacity to tell me bcuz homeless people like to go in there. So bcuz homeless people like to frequent the area the rest of the paying customers should get sick n possibly DIE? I'd like to put his Mother on that platform for 40 minutes in FREEZING Temperatures and let Her get sick and see how that works out. 1 Customer Lost. I will pay $3 or $4 extra for Uber and you can keep your waiting room and bathrooms.

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]schedules

Dear LIRR - during the last year with the pandemic raging, you kept your schedules in tact. There were times when I was the only person in my train car. Now that millions of people are getting vaccinated and are preparing to go back to normal and go back to work - this is the time you decide to cut the schedules drastically.
            I take the 4:48 a.m. train from Westbury to Penn Station.
            With the new schedule, my choices are 4:09 a.m. (ridiculous) or 5:55 a.m. which makes me very late for work. This 4:48 is a very crowded train which has a great many construction workers who need to get to work. You are giving them, and me, no viable options.

Going home I take the 3:43 from Penn Station. Now my choices are 3:34 (can't get there in time) or 4:34 p.m.

This is absurd. You must reinstate the trains.

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]Train schedule

The LIRR is decreasing it's rush hour train schedule which will result in crowded trains during our existing pandemic. As it is a lot of riders do not wear masks while in the train cars, which is being ignored by LIRR employees including the MTA officers at Penn Station.It is obvious a terrible time to reduce the number of trains during rush hour because the Covid virus will be transmitted easily in crowded areas.

jay flatow Mar 03, 2021

It's a disgrace. You're taking a risk now taking the railroad with all of the riders not wearing masks, especially since the LIRR recently reduced service. Starting March 8th, commuting on the LIRR will become a super spreader event. How is it possible that the Government will allow this to happen.

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]I'm complaining about engineers blowing train horns way too much!

I live just east of the moriches crossing in Eastport, engineers (all of them, and I probably pick out who's who by how they lay on that horn )they blow that horn in the early morning ! I know its the law, but really. a simple toot toot at 2:30 3:30 4:30 am its totally over kill . And not only those times, but they seem to hurt the most. and also, the Railroad cleared the brush over the summer. we just had enough brush to NOT see the train now we see train and full view of tracks. railroad should but up a wall, some type of sound barrier!

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]Disrespectful and racist ticket collector

This train ride was from amityville to penn station at 3:16 pm (car #7376). The female conductor was very disrespectful and racism. I felt offended because she treated me differently (in a negative light) from everyone else that I shared this car with. You guys should take it into consideration and investigate ticket collectors on the LIRR.

Disrespectful and racist ticket collector

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]Feces in stairways

Dear all, why are you allowing feces to remain on the stairways to/from trk 1 & 2 (Leading towards the vestibule from subway entrance) at Atlantic Terminal now over 2-3 days.

One understands the issues being faced currently but surely you can't compromise on THAT type of cleanliness ... PARTICULARLY with the covid problems.

How many people have accidentally walked that around the subway or up into your trains is unknown but it certainly has happened.

Maybe you have a serial 'popper' defacing your station but regardless surely timely cleaning and policing should fix that!

Thanks for your attention.

Feces in stairways

Nov 15, 2020

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] — Mask compliance

Hello, LIRR Customer Service: I was on the 6:45am Long Beach train from Penn Station today and multiple...

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]Train track work platform safety issues

11040 new Hyde Park station .
                      416 am Train acording to track work being done it's been a constant changing A or B platform confusion in the app say track B and also the sign in the station says Track B now the train is coming on track A .

Now I have to run to the other side to go to track A station everybody running going to track A this been happening a couple of times can't Harley run up and down almost fell down the stairs carrying items and things with me running . This is a very dangerous situation someone is going to get hurt .
                      If I can will try to provide video or pictures of the billboard .

Oct 01, 2020

Long Island Rail Road Hempstead Line — Covid-19 lies about lirr daily sanitizing of train cars

In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the LIRR has postings on all lines assuring customers they clean and...

Sep 24, 2020

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] — Refund

Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing this email to lIRR company regarding my March monthly ticket ($270, number...

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]Noise complaint

Once again writing a complaint about noise. The conductors have been blowing the horn non-stop and almost max volume when passing through Mattituck. Today was especially nice at 4:40am. We realize the train needs to use their horn but what has been occurring the past month is over the top and extremely unnecessary. The horn is not just at crossings but the entire stretch of town.

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]Noise complaint night hours train whistle blowing non stop at 3:25 am???

Aug 18 2020 approx 3:25 am LIRR passed through Farmingdale with the engineer blowing the whistle non stop the entire way as it travelled through Farmingdale. Really? Is that necessary? For the sake of what ? No purpose other then waking up an entire population. Not acceptable.
                          I expect a written explanation and follow up that this is being reviewed and addressed. We will pass this information on to our village official and seek their help with restoring the peace and quality of life.
                          Ben Claase 151 oakview avenue, Farmingdale NY. [protected]@yahoo.com

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]Customer service

I went to the ticket clerk in penn station on tuesday morning and asked for a off peak 10 tripper. When I went to get the ticket on the train I noticed it was a peak ticket. I asked the conductor what to do and he gave me the info on what to do. Today I go to the massapequa station and it closed earlier than it should have so I go to hicksville. The clerk there said I have to bring it to penn station or get charged $10 to do the paperwork and bring it in.
                            The long island railroad made the mistake so why should I get charged for their inability to do their job? Does that mean that I can charge you $25 for driving to massapequa that was closed earlier than it should have been then driving to hicksville then driving back home???

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]Complaint about lirr

I am a customer of the LIRR and am very disappointed and disgusted because today I did not have enough time to get a ticket from the machine so when the conductor came I gave him cash he told me that you have a policy of no cash and I find that unacceptable. Money is a government form of payment in god we trust and I was told that I must use a credit card and I find it ridiculous not to be able to use cash. The LIRR doesn't trust the goverment??? That is how I feel. And if it is an issue with the workers it is not my problem. I feel that one should have the freedom to pay in whatever form they choose.

Long Island Rail Road [LIRR]Service

Unacceptable tonight. Sitting on crowded train waiting to leave Penn to Port Washington. Impossible to socially distance. 4 trains cancelled before this one and made to wait with crowds. Extremely uncomfortable and disgusted at total failure of LIRR to have protocols in place when one disabled train gets stuck in East River tunnel. This is disgraceful.