Mediacom / outgoing caller id

Central Illinois
We have mediacom cable/internet/phone. So far no real problems, but a very big annoyance. When we call someone from our home phone, our name and number does NOT show up on their caller id. It says "private caller, caller withheld, line 1, etc." We have our home number stored in our cell phones and when we call from home, it still doesn't show up as "home". People aren't answering when we call because they think it a telemarketer or something. I have to leave my husband a message on his cell, or he won't even know I called. It shows up as line 1 on our cells, but doesn't show up on recent calls. We did NOT choose to have our number unlisted or unpublished either. May be minor, but we were never told our number wouldn't show up on caller id's when we called people. Everyone we know are "screeners" so it is a BIG ANNOYANCE.

N  19th of Jan, 2009 by
Keep in mind that some LEC's don't carry the caller ID information between phone companies. There is a database that I believe Sprint and Mediacom uses along with other major phone providers that helps translate this information. If you have a company that uses a different database or choses not to transport that information for whatever reason that could very well be the reason this is happening.

There are also (*) features that can turn this information off, perhaps something got put in accidentially.

Either way I bet if you contact Mediacom they can determine what the cause might be.

Hope that helps,

Mediacom Communications / MediacomCable.com Logo Mediacom Communications / MediacomCable.com
1 Mediacom Way, Mediacom Park, New York