Mediacom / Bad customer treatment

United States Review updated:
Mediacom, des moines ok my cable was shut off today not because of nonpayment it was just late and the reason it was late is my dad died in june and after that I was hospitalized twice for a serious condition, mediacom did not care in fact I sent the payment in full to them they told me twice on the phone I didn't get it there in their time now mind you it was only a week late never been late before never got a late notice they were rude and uncaring of my situation, I thought people cared for other people I guess I was wrong oh by the way I am disabled. I have been a long term customer of theirs and still they did not care they said I was responsible for the mail service not them. It is a sad day when companies treat good customers like nothing. I will be looking for a new company, I just wanted someone to know how mediacom does business, thank you.

D  24th of Nov, 2008 by
Although i can understand your situation I also think there is some holes in your story. I am an x-employee of mediacom. So I know for a fact we dont disable/disconnect people for being a week late. In fact if it was only a week from your due date, you wouldn't even be charged a late fee. There's a 10 day grace period. You get 43 days from the due date before they shut down the equipment . So the bottom line is no matter how long you've been a customer/or given the circumstances, no matter what company you do business wth, will hold every customer to the same policies.

SO seriously, don't lie about it!
A  21st of May, 2010 by
I am a new customer today for satellite with mediacom. The guy came out this AM at 930 to set it up. It is now 3.40pm on a friday, I have made 5 calls to Customer Service, spent a total of 1hr 50min on hold and had 2 people hung up on me, one being a supervisor because they could not solve my problem. {I did not yell at them, I just persisted that they needed to fix my problem} I am on hold as I type. The problem... There is no channels!!! I even live in a small town, it would take them 5 mins to swing by and have a look, but they wont. 36mins in and I have just been hung up on for the 3rd time!!! I am calling Dish network right now and signing up with them - I dont care how much more they cost for the same things, it is worth paying JUST to NOT have to deal with MEDIACOM!!!

My advice, save yourself the stress and waste of time PAY THE EXTRA - DO NOT USE MEDIA COM!!!

Mediacom Communications / MediacomCable.com Logo Mediacom Communications / MediacomCable.com
1 Mediacom Way, Mediacom Park, New York