MCM / False claims for 20 yr old debt discharged in bankruptcy
This company is trying to collect a deft that was discharged 20 years ago in bankruptcy after my divorce. They claim the account wasn't closed until 1991. Since that time I have purchased three homes, three cars and this debt never showed up on my credit report. If the debt is real, I suspect my ex-husband may have used it so I am requesting that Citibank show the application for the actual credit card.
I am going to contact the Attorney General of both Missouri and Pennsylvania. When calling the above number you are transferred to a someone who asks you to leave a message. However, it is quite obvious that he is reading from a "cue card" and has no idea what the words mean!
If this does show up on my credit report, I will also challenge it and I am contacting the bankruptcy court as well.
More MCM Complaints & Reviews
- Midland funding, LLC - Rip off 
- Midland funding, LLC - what is this 
- Midland Credit Management - Scam! Watch out! 
- Midland Credit Management - Beware! 
- Midland Credit Management - Total scam 
- Midland Credit Management [MCM] - called me threatening me to send officer to my house and work. a $1200 debt they said it would be over $ 3000
- Midland Credit Management (MCM) - They claimed I owe almost $400 more than I owe.
- Midland Funding - Unethical behavior
- Midland Funding - Poor Service
- Midland Funding / Citibank - Lien release not processed to courts