MCM / False claims for 20 yr old debt discharged in bankruptcy

1 Oaks, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-825-8131

This company is trying to collect a deft that was discharged 20 years ago in bankruptcy after my divorce. They claim the account wasn't closed until 1991. Since that time I have purchased three homes, three cars and this debt never showed up on my credit report. If the debt is real, I suspect my ex-husband may have used it so I am requesting that Citibank show the application for the actual credit card.

I am going to contact the Attorney General of both Missouri and Pennsylvania. When calling the above number you are transferred to a someone who asks you to leave a message. However, it is quite obvious that he is reading from a "cue card" and has no idea what the words mean!

If this does show up on my credit report, I will also challenge it and I am contacting the bankruptcy court as well.

Comments

• Gl
      31st of Aug, 2008

ive recently requested a refund of the 2 amounts that was deducted out of my account. i was told by a rep. over the phone that i would get my refund and services would be canceled. i havent received my refund yet. please give me my money back thank you. i didnt request for the money to be deducted.

• Pa
      20th of Nov, 2008

You can dispute the debt on all 3 credit reporting agencies. Midland has to prove the debt is legit or take it off your credit report.