Mcdonalds / terrible attitude of employee

1 Thomas Rd Store #2479West Monroe, LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 318-388-2227

I wanted to order a senior coffee, chicken wrap, yogart parfait, water. The cashier took my money, gave me change and said nothing. I ask if they had fresh coffee? No response. Ask different person, a woman in a brown uniform, she said no. I ask if it would be too much trouble to make a fresh pot. The only answer was, after standing several minutes, was "it will a while"! I said ok, I was eating in. The cashier moved my tray, told me to put my reciept on the tray. When my order came up, there were "3" spicy wraps, fried? I had ask for "1", grilled. There was no coffee, no water, no yogart! After waiting for the cashier to wait on 3 other customers, I finally got her to look my way. She put a paper cup on the tray. I had to wait till the cashier waited on other customers, then she looked at me. She never spoke! I ask for my yogart and coffee. She handed me my yogart, but no coffee. I waited till the person in the brown uniform turned my way. I ask about the coffee, she said it would be made in a moment. I went and sat down, ate my wrap, offered to give one to an employee on brake. She didn't want it. I told her what had happened. She got up and left. I offered the wrap to another young customer and his girlfriend. They took it, and laughed when I told them what had happened. Another customer, who had been behind me was leaving, and ask me if I ever got my coffee. I shook my head, and said no. I got up when back to the cashier. I ask with some impatients, when was I ever going to get my coffee. She never spoke! After she waited on other customers she poured me a cup of coffee, handed it to me. I thanked her. She never answered. I've never taken the time to write about a comlaint. This isn't the first. My wife and I travel alot. We just returned from a 2 week trip to Williamsburg and Ashville, N.C. We stopped at many McDonald resturants on our trip. Of all of the fast food resturants, McDonalds was consistantly the poorest quality. The "help" was very unresponsive, and not friendly in most of the places we stopped. The restrooms in Mc Donalds were absolutely the worst of ANY of the other places we stopped. Wish management would impress upon the workers, to at least be polite and see that the restrooms were keep clean. Thanks I feel better, I know I have plenty of other choices for places to stop and eat. But it seems that "we" the money spending customers should at least get what we order, and not have to be totally ignored!

Comments

26th of Feb, 2009

What do you expect? They pay these people "slave" wages. $6.00 an hour, I wouldn't even get out of bed for that amount!

• Ib
      8th of Mar, 2009

my heart sings - just knowing that someone out there is like "ok I've had it. I shall now launch a one man campaign to let everyone know that McDonalds is not the upscale restaurant they appear to be!"
    Bro if you have such an eye for detail and appreciation for the nuances of dining, what are you doing in a McDonalds? Who would put McDonalds products into their body, for that matter?
    uncharismatic "help" aside.
    If you're looking for hired help with white gloves who embrace the idea of being your servant - I would shoot for at least an Arbys. Maybe really go all out an splurge on an Olive Garden night out. For high rollers like me.
    Velvet ropes. People who make eye contact with you. And actually the Olive Garden has three menus, one for food, one for wine, and one just of gourmet yoghurt.
    Right up your alley, Meredith.

PS- Thanks for posting the phone number of the McDonalds where the outrage occurred. I took the liberty of berating them on your behalf till my voice became hoarse. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

• El
      1st of May, 2009

the mcdonalds on keyser needs to know that some of the mangers also needs a helping hand i come everymorning and get a hotcake and biscuit and it be the same girl manger
    and boy in there all the time they both runs from one station to another and still be nice then after work i comes back every afternoon and everyone is stocking and i'm just standing waiting to order while the mangers is playing and talking with the crew someone needs to fix the problem on yesterday i waited 7 min.and got a cold and spicy not hot and spicy with lettuce falling every where and then they forgot my damn cheese what a nasty sandwich this store needs to be better supervised because right now the customer service in the evening really sucks and nothing is being done about this.