McDonalds / unsafe for children

1 Philippines Review updated:

3rd MARCH 2009 (5:PM) - This afternoon after school i took my kids (7yrs old & 5yrs old) to Mc Donalds SM CEBU City PHILIPPINES. My 5 yrs old son order a Happy Meal as I was preparing his food I asked him if he can go to the counter to get a gravy refill. So he went to the counter and ask, but then he came back to me and he was crying he said he hit his foot so I said its ok. So I diverted his attention playing with his new Happy Meal Toy. When we were about to leave he told me he could not walk because his foot hurts, I thought he was just making drama. When I look at his foot (the one his complaining that he got hurt) it was bleeding. So I called the Manager and told her what happened and showed her where my son get his cut. She did not react or say anything, I even asked her for a 1st aid kit she called her staff to get if and did not even said sorry. I was really pissed off my son was wearing flip flops that its hard for him to walk at the mall, specially our car was parked at the other side of the Mall Building. I had to carry my 5yrs old boy all the way to the car.
How lame was that! I just hope that the Mc Donalds will do something about it! You should make sure your structures are well placed and secure enough that you cannot hurt anybody specially children.

McDonalds

Comments

• Da
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I was in Cebu in January /09. Visited three different McD's on many occasions (my primary food source in Cebu!) I never saw any safety issues except for the security dudes toting shotguns.
    Step outside to see filthy, local 3 and 4 year olds sleeping on the sidewalks.
    And you're worried about your child stubbing his toe? Sheeesh! Put some shoes on him.
    Disclaimer: This is NOT an endorsement for Cebu. I hated it there. But I found McD's there to be as good as anywhere.
    Try the chicken nuggets and spaghetti combo. 124 pesos.