McAfee Internet Security / continued unauthorized yearly credit card charges

I used McAfee years ago and then completely cancelled my subscription about 4 years ago. I purchased their computer security suite... virus protection, etc. using my credit card. 2 years ago they charged me about $80 for an "automatic renewal" as they call it. I called and complained. They refunded the money. Last year I was deployed so I am now going to have to go back and double check my credit card records to make sure they didn't do the same thing last year... BECAUSE they just charged my credit card again for $26.45. I never ordered anything but they just keep charging away. I tried to sign in to their web site with my very old user name and password and it says my password is wrong, to many attempts (i only tried one time) and that I'm locked out. So I call them and some strong foreign accent guy wants my credit card number, full name, address, email address and phone number. Are you freaking kidding me???
DO NOT PURCHASE MCAFEE IN ANY WAY, FOR ANY REASON! RUN! Everyone wants my money. They want yours too. Don't do it. Simply stay away from McAfee!!!

Jd
Jun 17, 2013
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Wi
      7th of Nov, 2014

I have bought McAfee for Windows 7. When I changed program to Windows 8.0 I asked staff to help me to install it to a new program because I paid money for internet security McAfee program before. But staff started to require to buy a new program for $169.00, more than I paid before. I don't recommend no one to use this program, because you will pay twice. I used before Norton Antivirus and hadn't got any problem. I will back to Norton again.
    Michael

• Th
      22nd of Sep, 2012

Get freeware anti keyloggers and anti virus like Antivir, AVG, Avast, etc. Also sandboxie is very good program. It creates a small separate area in which to run any programs. Once you exit the program and/or shut down sandboxie everything that was in there gets permanently deleted. So no chance of malware, virus etc, to infect your pc.

• Lo
      22nd of Sep, 2012

The antivirus McAfee Internet Security didn't spot a very dangerous keylogger virus.