Maytag Washer & Dryer / do not waste your hard earned money on maytag
I bought the Maytag Neptune washer and dryer in 2002 and spent quite a lot of money on these machines. The dryer works fine, but the washer is a complete piece of junk. The rubber ring inside soon developed black mold in it and mold keeps trying to accumulate in the soap dispenser and other parts. The mold gets worse every week and the stench is awful. I'm starting to smell it on our clothes. I've tried bleach, Clorox Cleanup and OxyClean to no avail.
Despite having sent the postcard back in to register the appliance, I never received notice of the class action lawsuit they settled last year. I called the customer service department and was told I was out of luck. I have proof of purchase, but they will not do anything to help me resolve the matter. I was told to put some dishwasher detergent in the machine with some bleach, but I am dubious that will work. In any event, the mold is certain to return because the product is defective.
My husband and I will NEVER purchase another Maytag appliance again. I am a real estate agent and sometimes am asked by my clients what I think of certain appliances. I will council my clients to avoid all Maytag appliances. They build a shoddy product and do not stand behind it when it falls apart.
There are plenty of good manufacturers out there; do not waste your hard earned money on Maytag.
More Maytag Washer & Dryer Complaints & Reviews
- Maytag - won't clean dishes! 
- Maytag / French Door Refrigerator - problems with the ice maker! 
- Maytag Atlantis Washing Machine - spin cycle problems 
- Maytag Quiet Series 200 Dishwasher - piece of junk! 
- Maytag - maytag centennial washer 
- Maytag - french door refrigerator model #mfi 2269vem10
- Maytag - xl bravos washer/dryer
- Maytag - complaint regarding the delivery of my maytag gas range, model #mgr6600fw; delivered april 28 at approx 1:00 pm
- Maytag - washer
- Maytag - bravos xl washer/dryer