Maytag Repair Service / poor repair service!

I called to make an appointment for washer repair service - explained that the washer was located in our rental property in another city and that my husband would have to be there to allow for entrance into the property. We were given a window for sat. Between 8a. M. And noon. I called the day before to confirm the appointment.

Husband left our home at 7a. M. And was at the residence located in san francisco. Since the tenants were going to be out of town - husband was sure to be there on time. To open the door.

By ll:30 a. M. There had been no contact from sears. Called the business office at ll:45 and was informed that our unit was the next on the list. L2:l5 p. M. Service man called to say he would be going to lunch and would then take our unit next. I informed him that this would not be acceptable. He stated he had been overbooked for the morning but said he would head for the unit in about l0 minutes.

Having thoroughly explained our situation - I would have thought that with being such strong sears customers that some consideration would have been made. For someone to have to wait over four hours is inexcusable.

The repair man receives his list and am sure it consists of some kind of order and he is probably unaware of special arrangements which have had to be made. But if our repair was last on the list - then a phone call could have minimized the wait time by alerting us.

Let me assure you that this experience will not soon be forgotten and I hope you give some thought to customer service.

An

Comments

3rd of Oct, 2007

I purchased a Maytag gas range in March of 2007. The front burners have never worked and the back burners burn so hot it has melted the back of the range where the clock is. The ovens burn so hot the oven racks are black. I have had a certified Maytag repairman in my home 3 times with no success. I have called R.C. Wiley in Orem, Utah where I purchase the range and they say I have to call Maytag. I have called Maytag at least a dozen times and get a different person everytime and I get promises that never come thru. Maytag has refused to replace the range because they say they have never gotten a work report from the repairman. R.C. Wiley will not replace the range, Maytag will not replace it or get it fixed. I paid $1,600 for this range it was suppose to be the top of the line. If this is the top of the line I would hate to see the bottom of the line. I thought Maytag would be reliable but I have been sorely disapointed with R.C. Wiley and Maytag.
    What am I suppose to do I am stuck with a range that does'nt work and no one will fix it.