[Resolved] Mayan Palace / class action lawsuit

1 Mexico Review updated:

After an extensive investigation I found out that Mayan Palace faced a class action lawsuit on 2008 I´m not sure of the outcome but Nick Steele from Mayan palace stated the process didn´t take place due to the lack of evidence but I think he just said it to try stop me of pursuing to file a class action lawsuit again.

The class action lawsuit filed in California against the company back in March 2008 accusing El Grupo Mayan Palace of bilking U.S. citizens of “hundreds of millions of dollars” in Mayan Resorts timeshares, using “high-pressure fraudulent sales tactics that are comparable to the worst tactics ever employed by used car salesmen in a Hollywood movie.”

The complaint states that the “defendants earn hundreds of millions each year from such sales by systematically misrepresenting in sales presentations and documents the value of the timeshares they are selling. Defendants as part of their scheme also have misled Plaintiffs as to their rights under Mexican law.”

Here are the defendants: Desarollo Marina Vallarta SA de CV, El Grupo Mayan Palace, Daniel Chavez Moran, Daniel Omar Chavez, Scott Erikson, Casey Jon Owens, Canamere Inc., Huffsmith-Kohrville Inc., Preferred Vacations Inc., Premium Travel Services Inc., Resort Solutions Inc., Seven Oceans US Inc., AZM Marketing LLC, Resort Quality Controls Inc., Resort Condominiums International LLC, and Resorts International Marketing Corp.

If you would like to read the complete documentation here is the link http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/03/05/MayanTimeShares.pdf

• Resolution statement

After having contact with the Grand Luxxe Customer Support staff, our issues have been taken care of. We have no pending issues with them.

Se
Oct 22, 2013

Comments

• Va
      29th of Oct, 2013

The resort itself seems very nice, the sales pitch, however, is pure high-pressure sales. The sales people are snakes, their only motive is greed. They have no concern for what is ethical and will “brow beat” you to make their money. It was not worth the free breakfast and $50.00 dinner coupon. When I finally got up to walk away from the table, Luis got in my face and began to argue with me, telling me I couldn’t leave until he said the presentation was over. I continued to walk away as I raised my voice at him. You would think that that would be the end of it, but they will continue to pass you to the next person for a “survey” which turns into another sales pitch…these people are shameless. If you agree to attend the 90 minute presentation you will regret it.Search online for Mayan Palace Timeshare Scams for other “horror stories”:

• Se
      14th of Nov, 2013

• Va
      9th of Oct, 2014

how do I get rid of my timeshare! Help!

• Eu
      20th of Oct, 2014

Timeshares have always been a bad buy. But for those who really feel they need one I make one recommendation: Never buy from the developer. Always wait for timeshares to appear on the secondary market, usually at half-price. People like you get excited at the new developments and jump right in, only to become disillusioned later and dump the property onto the secondary market, at a loss, for a patient, informed buyer to take advantage of. http://www.timesharescam.com/

• Su
      12th of Jul, 2017

Is there anyone out there still thinking of a class action suit against these snakes? How do we go about getting some resolution with the same types of problems?