Match.com / unwanted renewal
I signed up for their dating service for six months. After the first month, the only way I would get emails is if I would update my profile on a regular basis. I decided to take my losses on what didn't seem like a very effective dating service and let my subscription lapse after the six months I'd signed up for. WELL, I found out (TOO LATE, by the way) that they put you on automatic renewal - somewhere in the small print it's in there I'm sure (I never bothered to check, I know they wouldn't want to be sued). A company with integrity would have put that way up front and given you an option during your signup process. Anyway, they charged me for a whole six months more. I was so peeved! I was going to try to get around it but then I thought I'd have as little integrity as they do and I don't want to stoop that low. I managed to spend less by calling and having them giving me a smaller amount of time. But there's no way you will get away without paying for at least one more month at their absolute top price ($30 plus dollars)
More Match.com Complaints & Reviews
- Wmv*match.com - unauthorized charges 
- Match.com - cannot stop emails from match.com 
- Match.com - unable to sign into my account 
- Match.com - blocking practices 
- Match.com - most paid male members are players 
- Match.com - access to my account has been block by match while I am trying to set it up.
- Match.com - logging into account
- Match.com - terminating my subscription with no just cause
- Match.com - messages 
- Match.com - was reactivating a closed account and was told they were terminating me permanently without a reason.