Match.com / unwanted renewal

I signed up for their dating service for six months. After the first month, the only way I would get emails is if I would update my profile on a regular basis. I decided to take my losses on what didn't seem like a very effective dating service and let my subscription lapse after the six months I'd signed up for. WELL, I found out (TOO LATE, by the way) that they put you on automatic renewal - somewhere in the small print it's in there I'm sure (I never bothered to check, I know they wouldn't want to be sued). A company with integrity would have put that way up front and given you an option during your signup process. Anyway, they charged me for a whole six months more. I was so peeved! I was going to try to get around it but then I thought I'd have as little integrity as they do and I don't want to stoop that low. I managed to spend less by calling and having them giving me a smaller amount of time. But there's no way you will get away without paying for at least one more month at their absolute top price ($30 plus dollars)

Comments

11th of Feb, 2010

The same thing just happened to me. But I will not stop till I receive a full refund.