Marriott Vacation Club Points / fraudulent marketing
When attending a marriott vacation club (Mvc) presentation in 2013, we were swept away by "fantastic, cost saving vacation possibilities." now, after two years we realize that it was nothing more than a "fantastic rip-off." one of mvc's key selling points was that if you don't like mvc after a few years, you could re-sell your points back to mvc for about 80 percent of its current market value, which typically increases 5-10 percent per year. Well, we now found out that mvc is only willing to put us on a wait list and that the best we can expect from a sale is about half of what we paid, making mvc far more expensive compared to reserving and paying for the same vacation package on their website. Our experience with mvc is buried in about 50 pages of fine print rules and regulations governing mvc and interval international exchange, written by highly paid lawyers. Unless you book a vacation the minute inventory is "released," (12 months in advance) you don't stand a chance of getting a good package during prime season. A typical example is we wanted to go to any one of 3 mvc resorts in spain or france, seven months in advance, within a three month window. Nothing was available, though on marriott's website, I could book all three with my credit card. The arbitrary rules, regulations, hassles, and long wait times trying to talk to an agent just take the fun out of vacation spontaneity. Unless you buy a lot of points, some vacations are unavailable because you can't roll over or borrow enough points before they expire. I could write a lot more about my unhappiness with mvc, but I think i've made my point. Our $30, 000 investment plus a $1, 600 annual "maintenance fee" bought 3000 vacation points, not enough to ever do some real trips we would like to have taken. Though the facilities are nice, it just isn't worth it unless you don't mind playing by their rules and willing to buy lots of points.
More Marriott Vacation Club Points Complaints & Reviews
- Marriott - marriott cancellation policy the worst! 
- Marriott International - treatment of employees 
- Marriott Residence Hotel - appointment for the post of front manager from uk 
- Marriott Hotel Canada - employment 
- Marriott Hotel - anybuddy give me chet
- [Resolved] Marriott International - racial discrimination experience in your renaissance pattaya hotel
- Marriott Courtyard - abuse after you get hurt doing the job
- Marriott International - southfield marriott in detroit, michigan
- Marriott International - booking canceled last minute because the hotel overbooked!
- Marriott International - I am complaining about the customer service.