Marlboro Light 100 / terrible quality product!

1 887 suzy stSandwich, IL, United States Review updated:

My husband and I have been buying Marlboro Light 100's for about 12 years now. And we have noticed the last carton we bought, the cigarettes don't burn right, you have to light the cigarettes at least four times just to get through one. We are very disappointed in this and will not be purchasing Marlboro's anymore.

Comments

• We
      11th of Jan, 2008

I have noticed the same thing with the marlboro light regular cigarettes and have been smoking them on and off for years. Numerous others I know who smoke them have noticed the same thing and we will all, probably, switch to another brand or... quit like we should!!!!!!!!!

• Pa
      24th of Jan, 2008

My Husband and I both smoke Marlboro cigarettes. I smoke Marlboro light Menthols and he smokes Marlboro Lights. We buy our cirgarettes from different places and one day my Husband was telling me what was happening to his cigarettes. I was so excited to know that I wasn't going crazy it was happening to somebody else besides me. The 1st incident for both of us was when we were driving. I all of a sudden notice that my cherry was missing and I started to freak out wandering what damage that missing cherry was going to cause. This could have caused me to get into a car accident but I decided whatever damage happens to the car its not worth risking my life over. After that incident I just knew that there was a problem with the cirgarettes. I really want to know what is going on here considering the amount of money we 're spending .

• Je
      2nd of Feb, 2008

I have a complaint about Marlboro reds. The filter papers stains my fingers. From the moisture in my mouth. You should make all your Marlboro products brown filter paper free. So this stops happen every time you smoke. I've tried washing my hands free of the paper die and its still there!

• Li
      27th of Mar, 2008

I have been smoking Marlboro Lights for quite some time. I have been noticing a couple of things that is really starting to bother me. My cigarette doesn't light right it lights half way most of the time. It goes out very quickly if I don't keep puffing. I am smoking so much more and it just doesn't burn right. I am getting really close to switching to another brand and seeing if it's any better. It's annoying.

• Mo
      7th of Apr, 2008

I have been smoking Marlboro reds for over 20 years now. During the last five or six years the quality went really bad and is still going from bad to worse. It is very common now that the smell is really awful and cigarettes are filled with tobacco in a very bad way that you almost feel pain when trying to smoke a cigarette - to say nothing with pieces of wood therein which means a very poor quality of tobacco. For some time I had to shift to Marlboro Lights, but that was even worse. I live in Qatar and my complaint is really common here. I just wonder why such a big company would risk a brand that took years and years to be that known. Many people already quit Marlboro for other brands which I did also for some time. It's really strange that I tried to log into Marlboro site to write about that (thinking they would care), but I found out that there is almost no way to file any complaint about quality. I think I may ### to another brand soon and this time it may be for good. Well, just before I go, I'm trying to light a red Marlboro cigarette right now and it just feels like a piece of stone!!!

• He
      27th of Apr, 2008

I am so glad I found these posts! My fiance, his mother and I all thought we were going crazy! We buy our cigarettes from different stores and are having a hard time keeping them lit. She smokes regular Marlboros, I smoke lights and my fiance smokes Marlboro 100s (Red). When he first told me he was having a problem I teased him about it... then I noticed it was happening to me too. I made a complaint on the Marlboro website. Please I urge everyone to do the same.

• To
      25th of May, 2008

I am having the same problem. For about the last two months or so every pack of Marlboro Lights I have bought burns like crap. The cigarette goes out half way through and it feels like I'm not getting any air through them, like as if they do when they are broken and air escapes out the side. It's not like a bad batch or something, because I buy them in Pa and De at various locations. If I can't quit, I'll be switching brands.

• Gb
      4th of Jun, 2008

heard that there are made differently and that it was a saftey issue...the UPC code has FSC stamped above it...

• Gb
      4th of Jun, 2008

(FSC)Fire-Safe-Cirgrettes

The six states that passed legislation requiring self-extinguishing cigarettes before this year are California, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont. These states enacted laws this year: Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Montana, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas and Utah.

• Ke
      14th of Jun, 2008

These fire-safe cigarettes are BS. I've burnt myself more in the last few months than I have after years of smoking. It starts to extinguish, I take a drag and the hot ash falls in my lap. Or if I flick the cig too hard the tip falls off and I have to relight it and then it tastes like crap.

• Ka
      20th of Jun, 2008

The "safety" cigarettes came out last year in California. I smoke Light 100's as do 2 or my friends. We all noticed we've been smoking more for at least the last 6 mos.

I wonder if they're doing something to make them more addictive. Either more nicotine so you want even more, or less nicotiine so you're never satisfied! I heard a rumor they were doing one or the other a few years ago, to make us smoke more. I think it sucks if they're doing that.

I think I'm gonna buy the gum & cut down by half.

• Di
      4th of Jul, 2008

Re: Marlboro light 100s

I notice I'm smoking more too over the past three months. I've smoked a single pack for just about forever. Only over the past few months I've been breaking into a 3rd pack. That's nuts. Plus, they're burning fast. That fact sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't feel a bit satisfied either after a cigarette.

The paper is catching fire in the ashtray too lately, which never used to happen except with the cheap cigarettes so that's another reason that there is something wrong these days.

Yea, there's something really going on so I'm switching today because I've never, ever smoked so much and it's not for any other reason either. After so many years, you get to know that dang cigarette pretty darn good and I think we're being ripped off right now.

• Qu
      7th of Jul, 2008

i am a minor that went from smoking menthols, to camel reds, to marlboros reds. i agree that sometimes i either have to light it again or my cherry fell out. and i am also worried about the fiberglass because my friend has puked blood. please e-mail me

• So
      12th of Jul, 2008

Yes, they are burning faster. The real catch is that if you don't suck quickly enough, they burnout... which makes you want to take more puffs. So, to counter the law for 'safe cigarettes' they have made cigarettes that burn faster. If smokers continued to smoke at the pace that they do, their cigarettes would go out before they they had a chance to pick it up again. So, inhale quick. As much as I hate smoking (I have been for most of my adult life) I really want to quit this brand...

what I really would like is a smokers bill -- of rights!!!

• Fr
      28th of Jul, 2008

My brother picked up my cigarettes yesterday to smoke one. Mine were from Kentucky, his from Indiana. With the first drag, he said "yuk!", looked at the side of the box and said, "I knew it. These are FSC cigs. They taste like sh**." He KNEW by the taste that they were not the same. I had never even heard of FSC until then. I had noticed that the things didn't burn the same, seemed to burn faster, and got hot enough at the tip to burn my lips more often. This sucks. I was trying to cut back to lights to reduce some of the tar - and my husband bought a whole carton of these crappy things (cigs in KY are $15 a carton cheaper), but it looks like I'm headed right back to my Ohio purchased Red 100's. Last longer, no burning my lips, and taste a whole lot better.

• Ta
      7th of Nov, 2008

Try these guys... no fire safe paper!!!

Www.cartons4free.com

They come from north carolina and they do not have that horrible fire safe paper.

They answer the phone or if they are on the other line and you leave a message they call back!! they also answer your emails and they email you once your order has shipped!!!

Good service!

• Mo
      14th of Nov, 2008

It Is Obvious That Marlboro is cuting costs. it sucks for us since we hve to go to a cheaper brand but, hay, they really, don't taste any differant!

• Ke
      16th of Nov, 2008

I noticed about 7 packs ago (here in pa) thet they taste different, do not stay lit and in general, suck! I have been a marlboro smoker for a lot of years and, they are now like smoking a paper towel.

Fire-proof cigarettes?? this is some sort of a sick joke right??

What's next fire proof natural gas? fireproof logs for the fireplace? perhaps gasoline that will not even ignite with a blowtorch?

Did these #s forget somewhere along the line that cigarettes are supposed to be set fire to??

The cherry falling off is the biggest fire hazzard of all!

I see another version of coca-cola messing with a proven formula.
    Disaster... winston, here I come!

• Pi
      20th of Nov, 2008

I started to notice with the past two cartons I bought, that there was something terribly wrong with these smokes. At first I thought maybe the store was selling stale cigarettes. But then I bought at 2 different stores with the exact same results! Ash falls off and goes everywhere. If their intention was to make a fire safe cigarette, they missed by a mile. I have holes in a number of shirts now, and my husband was getting really snarky with me about it. I have smoked Marlboros for over 20 years, so I knew something was wrong. I was going to write to Phillip Morris, but figured I'd do a search to see if others were having the same experience. I knew about the self extinguishing cigarettes that California insisted upon (they seem to have a law for everything including toilet paper thickness), but I had no idea it was being forced down the throats of other states as well. This is an outrage. Yes, I suppose this is as good a reason as any to quit now. I hate these things. And yeah, the flavor went to the dogs too.

• Jl
      21st of Nov, 2008

I have been smoking for 50 years now. Always enjoyed a cigarette. I smoke 3 packs a day. I recenly purchased my regular 2 cartons a week. I thought I got a bad carton. They tasted funny would not draw right. I told the clerk at the store I got a bad carton of cigarettes. I had trouble keeping them light and they tasted very funny. Oh, she said, They are now fireproof cigarettes I thought she was making that up. I bought another carton. same thing. I went online and found out they are now Fireproof cigarettes. I guess, they are going to force me to quit for sure now. They are absolustely terrible tasting cigarettes. I bet they will defitelely be harmful to your health just the taste alone is enough to gag you. I hope they change back to the regular cigarettes and I mean soon.