Having problems with Marlboro?

Marlboro reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 20, 2007. The latest review Marlboro Menthol Black was posted on Apr 3, 2021. The latest complaint filter caught fire was resolved on Dec 09, 2014. Marlboro has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 557 reviews. Marlboro has resolved 67 complaints.

Marlboro Customer Service Contacts

1800 627 5267 (Customer Service)
1800 898 2888 (Customer Service)
New York, New York
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Marlboro Complaints & Reviews

Jun 15, 2019

Marlboro — marlboro rewards

I went onto the website and I can no longer see my points I have, which is over 15, 000. Also I do not see a...

Marlborobad taste

Need to be contacted urgent as I face a problem with Marlboro as I buy the box and through it after 2 cigarettes max due to the very bad taste . I feel that I through my money on the floor . I need to find a solution as the quality became so bad and your reputition form worse to worse every day in Egypt as I took the same feedback from another people with the same issue thx email sameh.[protected]@yahoo.com
Mob [protected]

Marlboromarlboro beyond blue

Hello my name is Ryan and I can't smoke anything else but beyond blue! however, I noticed quite often in the past year (increasing) how certain menthol cigarettes in 1 pack are defect(iceball) and the taste isn't what it should be. I recently bought a big pack à 10packs. In all 5 packs I've smoked so far there were at least 6 defect cigarettes and pack nr. 6 it was 9!
    can someone explain?

MarlboroSpecial select 100-lights

I purchased a pack of smokes yesterday and almost everyone I in the damn pack had holes in them. I bet there were ony 6-7 that didn't. This is bs, as the cost of them is unreal anyway!!! I need to quit again, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards right now. Toooooo damn much strees in this world, even though I know i'm killing myself, i'm still smoking. Oh well, i'll quit again... I promise! So, what can be done about holey smokes??? Hmmm? Sincerely, christine blumer

Marlboromenthol black 100s

So this will be the 3rd time i am complaining and reaching out about your company not re calling the bad ciggerettes you have sent out . Regular marlboro menthol cigarettes with the gold lines are coming in the marlboro menthol black packs instead of marlboro black menthol with the blue print like it should be. I have been complaining about this since january!!! freakin january. And marlboro company has yet to reslove this issue and recall all the cartons they shipped out that are not the right cigarettes inside !!! i have wasted thousands of dollars in these past 5 months playing the guessing game hoping i get a good pack and 3/10 is the chance that i find a good pack and thats [censored]ing sick and sad. I now have to smoke maverick because apperently your not gonna fix this problem. Its rediculous that its been 5 months and no change . I just dont understand how that works... Its [censored]

Marlboromarlboro menthol 100 regular

The last 10 packs I have bought, 5 from 2 different stores, have been so stale I could not smoke. I would like reimbursement at $6.25 to $6.75 per pack. I will not continue buying stale cigarettes and throwing g my money away. I am now trying other brands to see what I like and if they are fresh, more importantly not stale like the Marlboro seems to be!!!

Marlboromarlboro red

I bought two packets of twenty Marlboro red
            (a pack for myself and a pack for my husband)
            I bought them from the Texaco garage in Coleford Gloucestershire on Thursday 2nd May at 9am.
            For some strange reason, the packet for myself tastes slightly menthol!!
            I'm not fond of menthol so I'm not really happy about it as they are quite expensive but we smoke 20 cigarettes a day each so I spend a lot of money on your brand of cigarettes each month.
            Also I have tried to take a photo of the cigarette box but it says that the picture is too large
            (BDO PHP Q09 J1T-GA31903905)
            That's on the bottom of the cigarette box along with the QR scanner thing??
            Not sure if you can help with this but I am truly disappointed!!
            😞😞😞
            Mile End.
            Coleford.
            Gloucestershire.
            GL16 7DP.
            My name is... Angela Potter.
            Many thanks in advance if you help me with the situation and get back to me. Xx

Charlene Root Oct 01, 2019

I also bought Marlboro red 100's and they have a menthol flavor. I do not smoke menthol and am already addicted to nicotine and now I don't want to be addicted to menthol(which has been proven to be addictive on its own). If I wanted a MENTHOL cigarette I would buy them. Get the menthol out of our Reds!!!

• Sk
                Skunklove Sep 05, 2019

I'm across the pond from the OP and having the same issue. I'm in the USA

• Sk
                Skunklove Sep 05, 2019

I'm here because I'm noticing menthol in the Reds as well! If we wanted to smoke menthol cigarettes, that's what we'd buy! It's happening in a LOT of packs. Guess I should go back to rolling my own. It was MUCH cheaper that way anyway. They are clearly not cleaning machinery between different flavors anymore.

• Vi
                Vinna Hatcher May 26, 2019

My cigarettes had a menthol taste as well. I am also getting massive headaches when smoking in the past two months.

Marlboromarlboro black 100’s

Marlboro red 100's in black 100's box. They give me a headache. Bought at uni-mart in Carrick pa. They said no refunds after opened. I thought it was a fluke, 3rd pack in 3 months, waited a month to hope the bad batch was gone. This is disappointing and at 850 a pack a waste of money. I demand to be refunded or reimbursement for my trouble and inconvenience!

• Co
                  Courtney Michelle Roberson May 29, 2019

Same thing happening here in harford county Maryland. I smoke Marlboro black menthols. And its regular marlboros menthols coming in the Marlboro menthol black packs. There disgusting give me a headache and are just plain terrible. I have smoked these since they came out so I noticed as soon as I seen the golden rings instead of the blue Marlboro writing that is usually on the cigarette itself and then I smoked one and deff knew instantly it was not the right cigarettes coming in those packs. Has been happening to me since January marlboro has yet to respond or fix this mess. I have wasted thousands on hoping to get a good random pack. I have had to switch to Mavericks because I just cant take this [censored]. I shouldnt have to waste money and hope and pray that I get a good pack with the right ciggerettes inside. Marlboro apperently is just gonna ignore everyones complaints and not fix the problem and recall all the messed up packs. Because I have seen people comment that it is the Marlboro menthol blacks and the non menthol Marlboro blacks. Reds are coming in the non menthol Marlboro black packs and regular menthol Is coming in the Marlboro black menthol packs. its rediculous

Marlboromenthol black shorts

As you can see in the pictures below, the cigarettes are completely different but, come from the same brand of cigarette. The blue label is the original and since you started the rewards (which I think is great) the cigarette taste different and I'm not a fan of that. If this could be changed I would be a happy customer but if not I will no longer be buying this brand!!

menthol black shorts
                menthol black shorts

Marlboromarlboro black menthol 100s (wrong cigarettes inside box)

So I live in harford county Maryland, i smoke Marlboro black menthol 100s, I have smoked this brand since they came out . So I have grown a custom to how they taste and look . The past hmmm...I'll say 2 to 3 months...stores that sell tobacco products walgreens, royal farms, sheetz, 711, schell, have recieved Marlboro black menthol 100s but when I have baught them and opened the pack what I find inside are not at all menthol blacks . There regular Marlboro menthols, the green and white pack. They are no longer with blue Marlboro print and no line now they look exactly like Marlboro menthol with green Marlboro label and 2 gold lines. Packaging has changed so I thought okay maybe they just changed the cigg look as well as the box, but no first that dont make sense because why would you change it to look the same as regular Marlboro menthol, also as I stated I have smoked these for years and i know what they taste like and these are not Marlboro blacks . Idk how it has been done or what but I know what Marlboro blacks taste like and these are not it . It's sad that I might have to change back to Newport after all this time because that was the brand I smoked then I found these which were cheaper and kinda better . But now I have wasted 100s and 100s of dollars over the past 2 -3 months buying these ciggs hoping I get the right pack with the actual Marlboro black menthols inside. A few stores have been lucky to recieve the regular kind but go out fast and it's right back to the bad packs . Idk what's going on but I find it crazy that no one else has complained . Cuz I know damn well what my cigg taste like and these are not Marlboro menthol blacks . And I'm tired of wasting money just to get ciggs I dont wanna smoke in a pack of ciggs they shouldnt even be in !!! I'm getting highly upset . My boyfriend has complained already and only response he got was about packaging yeah we kno packaging changed but the cigg look and ciggs inside should not taste and look like regular Marlboro menthols...I'm losing money and I'm not fond of losing money .

marlboro black menthol 100s (wrong cigarettes inside box)

Marlborocigarettes

I went to my local Walmart in Manchester Kentucky and bought a carton of Marlboro red + 7 more single packs which amounted to 17 packs of Marlboro reds I get home open up a pack of reds and they have been wet continue to open another pack another pack another pack when all said and done opened up 17 packs of Marlboro and they have all been wet which are now brown and color because they are dry they are horrible I take the cigarettes back to Manchester Walmart and they continue to tell me that I have to contact Marlboro to get my refund I do have my receipt so please contact me and letting me know what we're going to do about this situation

cigarettes

Marlboromarlboro black menthol

I have been smoking Marlboro black menthols for 5 years now and I am extremely pissed off that they're regular menthols and not blacks I have bought them from various locations and none of them are blacks... Me and everyone else are going to switch if this doesn't get fixed soon! The blacks are by far the best menthol out there and I can guarantee Marlboro will be losing more then half of they're buyers because of this. MARLBORO FIX YOUR MISTAKE BEFORE YOU START TO LOSE MORE BUSINESS THAN YOU ALREADY HAVE!!!

marlboro black menthol

Marlborocigarettes

Bought a pack of Marlboro blacks from Walmart and they're most certainly not Marlboro blacks!. They're Marlboro reds, why are we paying $10.50 a pack for false advertisement? I've been smoking Marlboro blacks for years and you can tell the difference between a Marlboro red & a Marlboro black.. Please fix this, this isn't fair by many means and clearly more people are catching on besides me!

cigarettes

Marlboromarb black 100’s

I've purchased at least 6 packs of Marlboro black 100's, but every pack contained only Marlboro red 100's this problem is still going on and I have been contemplating just switching cigarette companies because of it, hopefully this will be resolved soon because it is frustrating to waste money on a pack with the wrong cigarettes in it. Thank you for taking the time to read my complaint and I'm looking forward to hear back

Marlboromarlboro beyond blue

Good day

It happened on more then one occasion that when i press the ice ball then it has been pressed already or there is not mental when i smoke . It almost happen with every second packet i buy . I smoke 3 packets a week and the taste is disgusting. It leaves a bad taste in your month . I have change from Rothmans to Marlboro but it seems the quality is also getting bad

Marlboroyour fire safe cigarette??

I'm so tired of the ciggarette ashes constantly falling all over! What kind of idiot alters a ciggarette and informs its consumers they are fire safety ciggarettes(FSC) when in all reality these things are more dangerous and than ever before! Fsc are hazardous!! If I cannot get a comment or reply from someone, then what is the point of a complaint board or is my complaint even important at all? I can only speculate the nobody reads this or gives a dam! Fire safe not, more toxic yes! I don't care if the fda, who, or whoever pushed this change, says it is best. Whoever they are, wrong, wrong, wrong!!! Come on people! Civil rights? Consumer rights? There isn't any rights for the people now days.

Marlboroblack full flavor shorts

For about a month or so i've been noticing that when I buy my cigarettes they don't taste the same, look the same & don't even burn the same. I'm not sure what cigarettes they are honestly. But I know they aren't my cigarettes & i'm getting veryyyy frustrated with feeling like i'm just throwing my money in the trash because i'm getting cigarettes that I think are mine until I open them & see they aren't my cigarettes & then don't even want them anymore, all of the gas stations have told me theirs nothing they can do it's marlboros fault & they need to change it in order to fix the problem. I've thought about just trying to switch cigarettes & finding different ones that are as close as I can get to them so i'll at least be getting what i'm paying for. So please, fix the problem & put the right cigarettes back in the back.

Marlboroblack menthol

Wrong cigarettes in the pack for 2 or so months now. Any word on why? The new ones legit make me nauseous, sick, and heart race. I have smoked these for 4 or so years and I know the taste has been altered. Its frustrating to attempt to find the old style somewhere only to find the vendors in my city actually pulled those to replace with the new kind. I called marlboros number but they tried feeding me that same bs about how the taste shouldn't have changed yet it clearly did. They also say the lettering was changed that's all. Why even change that in the first place? Chemicals were definitely altered and I believe it's due to the new promotion and cutting costs somewhere.

• Ni
                                      Nicole612 Apr 29, 2019

Having the same issue and I’m tired of it as well! They’re packing our blacks with regular Marlboro menthols for whatever reason. I called them and told them too, they acted like I was crazy I said “the blacks are being packed with regular menthols” guy tried to say “oh your getting ones that look like regular menthols” I said “no they ARE regular menthols”.
                                      Told me if it happens again to send the entire pack to them. I haven’t, can’t afford to send them every pack just to buy another and send that too.
                                      I’m so frustrated.

noobiecig Mar 26, 2019

Ive been having the same issues and called them as well glad im not crazy about the taste because they are horrible different

Marlboromarlboro black 100’s menthol

I buy a pack of Marb black 100's menthol and I get a different cigarette in the pack everytime. They are not the cigarett that I want and I think if a customer buys a pack with the wrong product in the pack he/she should be able to get a refund. Either that or the distributor should make sure the pack has the correct product in it. My cigarettes have a blue printing on the bottom. This one is a lighter green.

Marlborospecial select

I have been smoking special blends for years now. I just recently bought a pack of what I thought were my cigarettes but apparently.. Yall have changed the whole [censored]ing cigarette and it tastes like [censored]. I dont like regular reds either bc of that funky after taste and they are too strong. Please bring back special blends or I will have to switch companies and I really dont want to do that but these cigs are gross!