Marlboro Cigarettes / burning of cigarettes

1 172Janesville, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 608-757-0984

I bought 2 packs of marlboro cigarettes and when i smoked them they would either stop burning and go out or the cherry of the cigarette would fall off. Ive been smoking for a while and if this keeps happening i will end up changing brands.

Comments

• To
      12th of Aug, 2008

This is the NEW safty cigerettes you have to continue to puff or they go out. This is to decress the fire hazord of cigerettes. You will find the same thing with all brands of cigerettes now.

• Li
      4th of Sep, 2008

I have smoked marlboro for years and the new ones are more hazardous than the old ones, I have burnt car seats, blankets my bedspread and many other things when are you going to change them back to the old way, if your not I am going to change brands.

28th of Sep, 2008

I have been smoking marlboro for many years now and the other day when i bought a packet they were all hared like they have been out of the packet for ages so i had to chuck them all away becasue they were unsmokeable andi am disscusted by the product that was sold to me becasue i have never had this problem before. im thinking now about changing brands...

yours sinserly
    sarah

• Ta
      7th of Nov, 2008

Try these guys... no fire safe paper!!!

Www.cartons4free.com

They come from north carolina and they do not have that horrible fire safe paper.

They answer the phone or if they are on the other line and you leave a message they call back!! they also answer your emails and they email you once your order has shipped!!!

Good service!

• Te
      14th of Nov, 2008

I had no idea that there was to be a change in the paper used to make my cigarettes. I wish Marlboro would have told the vendors (retailers) of this plan so they could have explained to me that my cigartettes were going to burn in a different manner. I thought that there was something wrong with my entire carton. I realize that tobacco products are the hot topic of discussion these days, but as a consumer that still enjoys to smoke, I would appreciate any news regarding my brand (or any brand) of tobacco product.

• Cu
      19th of Nov, 2008

I'm totally disgusted with the taste and smell. I am changing to Camel in hopes of a better smoke. Tired of relighting, also!

• Ji
      28th of Nov, 2008

they need to change them back!they taste different dont burn keep going out.they suck!dam safety nazis!

• Ta
      3rd of Dec, 2008

You can still get NON FSC Marlboro's and many other brands at http://www.carolinacartons.com

• Fr
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Nope they lost money now, I quit, spent my monthly cig money on chantix rather then waste another 20 years feeding this company money. F U C K corporations anymore all greed.
    Smokes taste like chit, but they spend huge amounts on mail ads with no free coupons. they had their chance, stop smoking tobacco, stick with weed for the relaxing effect after a long day.

• Bo
      28th of Dec, 2008

Apparently, Texas is late in joining the fray. After 40 years of Marlboro flip-tops, my last two cartons (FSC) have almost made me quit. I've e-mailed Marlboro and asked for a refund or 2 cartons of non-FSC. Have not heard back, yet. FSC stands for Fulla S..t Cigarette! They taste awful!

14th of Jan, 2009

Absolutely! They made a mistake with this one by far...

• Rn
      26th of Jan, 2009

My husband and I have smoked Marlboro cigarettes for over 25 years. We have now dropped this cigarette and switched to camels. These cigarettes do not stay lit and they taste awful. We believe more has changed about the cigarette besides the paper.

• Ga
      27th of Jan, 2009

i agree . these smokes taste awful and are dangerous on the road. i have to look down to the floor board to see if i dropped the cherry.they suck !!!

• Rh
      30th of Jan, 2009

I was unhappy with the change at first. Now I appreciate the fact they go out because I can re-light them. Saves money & tobacco.

• Dd
      4th of Feb, 2009

I was wondering what was going on with Marlboro, I thought I had gotten two bad cartons. They taste horrible, will not stay lit and the end stays very hot, burns weird and falls off. It also keeps going out if you sit it in the ashtray. I have to agree they changed more than the paper. I finally cut one open and you can notice very lite colored particles in the tobacco, it is not tobacco. I also think it is giving me a headache. I was telling a friend how I have been having headaches and she told me about the change so I looked it up and found this page. Is anyone else having headaches?

4th of Feb, 2009

Just go to Camels. There cheaper and they have the fire prevention crap in them.

• Da
      9th of Feb, 2009

It took us a while for us to get here, but we are with all of the complaints! Quality has gone down and we are considering going with Basics. We came back to Marlboro out of loyalty, but if they can't be loyal to us, then we won't be with them!

• Fs
      9th of Feb, 2009

Time to start rolling your own again, at least the mexican drug cartels won't poison you as long as your pay for your product, plus it's tax free!

• Pe
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I'm having the same issue and thought I was getting illegal imports from China. Nice to know there is a reason why the cigs won't stay burning.

• Sw
      29th of May, 2009

These cigarettes are absolutely horrible! I can't imagine that they actually tested them on real smokers and got the thumbs up! I've smoked Marlboro for many years but until they change them back to the original, no fire-safe papers, I'm switching brands.