Maple Call Inc / long distance calls

1-5 PO Box 57109 STN A, Toronto ON M5W 5M5, Canada Review updated:

Hello,
I have been for longtime a client of necc telecom. I was using their long distances services. I found out by chance, only a few days ago, that necc telecom has been bough by maple call. I called maple call and asked about their rates and services. They said that the necc telecom rates are kept at the same level. I received yesterday (january 30, 2019) an invoice for 2 months in the amount of $107.13. I have a previous bad experience with necc since they billed me for calls I have never used. I understand that the invoice is for 2 months. However I never paid so much. There are other fees in the amount of $18.16, that I have never paid before. The invoice states that it has to be paid until february 2, 2019 otherwise late charges may apply. I am trying since yesterday to contact them. It seems almost impossible, I am currently the 49th in line every time I am calling them. Right now I am awaiting for 45minutes and I am the customer 1 (from 49 at the beginning). The customer service representative answered me said hello and hang up on me. It looks that is almost impossible to talk to them. I tried to locate them on the internet but I cannot find any site. It looks that it is a phantom company.
I have the account number [protected], and the invoice number [protected] (cannot attached since pdf not accepted as format). I cannot see in their invoice their gst number, usually all the invoices have. I would like to know what my recourse against them is. It looks that I have no other choice then to pay without asking questions, otherwise I will be penalized with late fees. Another question, how I will unsubscribe from them. There is only a po address.
Aida sorescu
Cell:[protected]
Home:[protected]
Email : [protected]@gmail.com

Maple Call Inc

• Haddad's Response, Jan 31, 2019

I have canceled my service with NECC two years ago and I got an invoice from Maple Call. for $8.45. It seems that Maple Call bought NECC. What is this? Is this a spam? How to get rid of this? Are these invoices can affect our credit history if not paid?

Ai
Jan 31, 2019

Comments

• Be

Hi,
    I checked my account with Necc and had a 30 dollars credit. No can't access account. Received Bill from Maple Call Inc.

What happened to my credit. Why am I being charged other fees. I don't understand what is going on.

Bettylou Haagsma 613 243 0344

31st of Jan, 2019

@Bettylou Haagsma If you want to report a fraud, or if you need more information, contact The Canadian Anti- Fraud Centre:

Ways to report fraud

9:00 am - 4:45 pm
    Eastern Time

• Mi
    Best Best Advice +16 Votes

I have same situation. I got today bill. Although I didn't make any calls they charged me $7.98. International Discount Fee $4.99, Opertional Charge $2.99 and HST $1.04. NECC web site doesn't work.
    I can't find anything about Maple Call Inc. on internet. Something is wrong.

Miloljub Dragicevic
    [protected]@gmail.com

• Zl
      1st of Feb, 2019

@Miloljub I got the mail today whit $10.75 that i never call any one in months and can not contaced them they say to call another day to many calls im pist off too😡😡

• La
      9th of Mar, 2019

@Miloljub ye s this is a scam. i also received invoice for $9.18 . LOL ! Necc owes me money but i gave up asking since i could not reach them. this long distance operation has been changing company names . Maple is the third compamy. I never made any calls with necc. my refund was transferred from the older company to necc. Now maple is sending bills to clients. ignore the invoices they will have to prove the charges to all of us.

• So
      31st of Jan, 2019

Same here. Used to be with NECC telecom. Just got a bill from Maple Call with fees that I never paid before.
    Every time I call customer service I slowly make it through the queue and then they eventually hang up on me before I get to speak with anyone! I've called 5 times and the same thing happened 5 times! If anyone gets to actually speak to someone in customer service please let me know.

"Rather fail with honour than succeed by fraud"
    Sophocles :D

5th of Feb, 2019

@Sophocles I have this same problem, no bill for four months and now over 6o dollars.I call several times and they said to busy, call another time ...I think is fraud

• Am
      9th of Feb, 2019

@Sophocles I am in the same boat, I have been for a longtime a client of Bluetone Telecom. I was using their long distances services. I received a bill from MapleCall a few days ago with an extra services charges of 11.05$, that I was never charged before by bluetone, the account number is the same as the account number of bluetone. I called Maple Call, unreachable due to a high volume call. I have been trying to call them now for 3 days. I tried to access my bluetone account with no success, "account cannot found". Reading all these comments makes me worry, what is going on? what is the story? I am filing a complaint with the Canadian Anti Fraud.

• Go
      9th of Feb, 2019

@Beata Zaprzala I expierenced the same problem. Iam not able to disconnect their service.

• Ra
      13th of Feb, 2019

@Amal Haddad I am in the same boat as you. Used to be a bluetone customer and got this MapleCall invoice. I used to have a credit with BlueTone and not only the credit was not applied but I am charged Carrier Cost Recover Fee - $5.12 and International Discount fee - $4.99 and Operational Charge - $2.99

13th of Feb, 2019

@Radu Petrescu Same here. It looks like a scam conducted by the official company. We need to file a mass complaint. I'll be calling anti-fraud agency tomorrow.

• El

@Look from aside Buna Radu,

Imi permit sa scriu in romaneste, imi este mai usor.

Si eu sunt in aceiasi situatie: tocmai am primit factura si din pacate pana luni nu am cum sa sunt la directia anti-frauda.

Poti sa-mi spui te rog daca ai rezolvat problema?

Multumec.

15th of Feb, 2019

@Elena Dragomir Buna tuturor, se pare ca e un abuz urias, au intrat in baza de date a multor companii de telefonii . Eu eram de ani de zile cu Pulse Telecom, am primit ultima factura de cativa dolari ( 4.99 $ ) in ianuarie, pe care am platit o si acum am factura de la acest scam Maple Call cu o gramada de alte convorbiri din decembrie ( deja platite) pina in...februarie. Nu am idee cum ne putem salva, avem date personale, adresa, telefon ...posibil contact direct cu banca de unde ne plateam factura anterior.
    Si Pulse Telecom s-a inchis / la sf. lui ianuarie.
    A reusit pina acum cineva sa isi inchida acest cont fictiv si abuziv cu ei ???
    Multumesc

15th of Feb, 2019

@Amal Haddad It is a fraud, they stole the clients private information from every Telecom Company who close the business.
    And, they send a lot of bill, fake bills to those ex-clients.

13th of Mar, 2019

@Amal Haddad same here! I called a few times and every time the say call again later!

13th of Mar, 2019

@goska What to do??? I try contact Canada anti Freud, and they busy, and busy :(

• Ni
      31st of Jan, 2019

Same here, I was disconnected when I reached #11 in the queue (started at 66). I feel there are a lot of users calling in with the same beef. I am of the mind to call the Better Business Bureau if I cannot get through with this rogue company, with whom after all I have not signed any contract, to find out how I can ditch them.

Anyone has a success story so far?

Silvana

31st of Jan, 2019

@nitescu Silvana Calling BBB is zero if they are not a member. Call them and explain that what they are doing is illegally under PIPA ( using your private info) and request that your account to be closed immediately and your data fully erased. Also you might contact the Police to complain. Nu te speria Silvana.

11th of Feb, 2019

@Dan239 Buna Silvana,
    Sint in aceeasi situatie. Nu am de gind sa platesc. Ce ma sfatuiesti, sa sun l aPolitia locala ?

11th of Feb, 2019

@nitescu Silvana Hello everyone, I did call them today, and talked to a customer rep.
    They are the ones that took over for BlueTone.
    The extra charges where canceled for me, and everything it’s fine now. Try calling until you get someone to talk to.

• Er
      15th of Feb, 2019

@Aledina Buna, te rog spune-mi ce ai reusit sa faci, eu azi feb 14 am primit bill-ul dar nu am de gind sa platesc !

• El
      15th of Feb, 2019

@Erika Szanto Si eu tocmai am primit o factura si binenteles ca nu am sa o platesc, dar ce trebuie exact sa facem sa nu aveam probleme?

La telefon e imposibil sa ne raspunda cineva...un robot si atat; apelul se inchide.

• Hr
      31st of Jan, 2019

I am in the same boat as all of you and of course, at first, when I got the invoice, made the calls (exactly same result as you NOT reachable, 42 in lin, internet search - nothing, and on and on and on). So, I started wondering: What is going on? But now, after I red all your comments - I got the picture! - Someone IS trying to make fast cash (after NECC went broke), out of honest and responsible ordinary people. I am NOT paying even a penny to NO one, in any form, BUT if comes to ring my door-bell and ascs for it !!! I WILL BE VERY, VERY HAPPY TO GIVE him (or her, you never know) the cash for services not only, I NEVER used, but have had CANCELED 3 TIMES, when with NECC !!!

• De
      31st of Jan, 2019

Same kind of invoice received today. Its very strange, looks like a scam. I have an account number on the invoice, but I can't login in their website with this account number. Also on the invoice I haven't any details for my calls, only 2 fees and taxes, total of 9.18$, due date - Feb. 02

Desy

31st of Jan, 2019

We are currently experiencing the same thing. I was on hold for over a hour (started at #77) only to be told the only thing Maplecall can discuss is the current bill for a 2 month period which was already paid to Necc telecom. I am very confused as to how our account can be sold to another company without any records of previous invoices or account information.

When i try to contact the necc telcom number provided by maple call it is a simple message notifying customers of company shut down.

• Do
      31st of Jan, 2019

IS this a scam bill? Sound strange. No call detail to support the fees. Account number seems to match with NECC. No official notice ever to notify of the change. No website ever developed. It was only registered in 2018. Called customer service, only found out I was caller 76. Stayed in queue for 15 minutes, still caller 58.

What happened? Anyone knows?

• Si
      31st of Jan, 2019

Today, Jan 31st, 2019 I also received invoice from Maple Call Inc. Payment due date Feb 2nd, 2019!!! No one informed me that NECC doesn't exist anymore. No one asked me if I want to continue to use the service. Trying to call and waiting for over 20 min, started as number 81 in the queue. This is the worst service. Anyone with some information what's going on?
    Silvia

31st of Jan, 2019

@SilviaKal They will not give you any info about necc. They provide a number that is a dead end and their website is shutdown. They say they can discuss the charges on this current bill but they can not compare or even access any previous bills paid for or pending that were with necc. It is frustrating to say the least.

• Si
      31st of Jan, 2019

@Alid26 Thank you! They did not give enough time tonpay this bill! I want just to pay and close my account.

31st of Jan, 2019

@SilviaKal They told me these charges are for nov 27th to present. Prior to this change i had all of the accounts with necc online and i know for a fact that nov-dec was paid and accounted for. However they are unable to confirm those payments. They have charged us for calls already paid for. Please look into it further before paying if you have made payments to necc during the current billing time.

31st of Jan, 2019

@SilviaKal Looks like clients won’t be able to close the account, because there is no way to contact them. So do not pay, report fraud.

@Alid26 Ways to report fraud in Canada

Monday-Friday
    9:00 am - 4:45 pm
    Eastern Time

1st of Feb, 2019

@Alid26 @ SliviaKal, do you have another phone as this phone is not answering "(877) 974-7497"

1st of Feb, 2019

@Alid26 I have not paid anything yet and will not pay for anything yet . When he answered the call he didn't even ask for my name, # or any info as I was complaining he said I can see I have everything here that was transferred to us by necc Telecom. They do have all the info. But still smell something fishy about this he also said first PAYMENT will have to be by check then next bill they should already be registered with the bank's so as of now I'm not paying until I get more info on this company and until they get registered with the banks.

1st of Feb, 2019

I told him to send me an email with my bill so I got the email and it asked to reset my account so I did and I just went to check and it shows my PAYMENT with necc Telecom from July 2017 so they have to see your previous Bill's . He said Maple call is taking over 3 long distance companies that shut down sounds very fishy to me.

• Mi
      1st of Feb, 2019

@MAC2019 I found email customer.[protected]@maplecall.com, I sent message and wait for respond

• Ed
      1st of Feb, 2019

@Miloljub I tried to send them an email, but it could not be delivered (postmaster), there is no such address as customer.[protected]@maplecall.com

• Ba
      2nd of Feb, 2019

@Alid26 I have exactly the same situation.

13th of Feb, 2019

@SilviaKal Don't pay to scammers. They won't close it and will keep billing you. Better complain to The Canadian Anti- Fraud Centre.

15th of Feb, 2019

@Alid26 You're right, they charged me for calls already paid for in december!
    It is a scam, we need to file a complaint with the Canadian Anti Fraud

15th of Feb, 2019

@Look from aside Silvia, you can report the scam to :

15th of Feb, 2019

@Alid26 Don't pay anything it is an abuse, a scam!
    Go to : https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/
    they used your personal information ( identity fraud )

• As
      31st of Jan, 2019

same here, any one knows where to file a complain about this company. i was with necc also, but haven't used their service for alsmost a year, and now receive a bill for making a ohone call to China. Totally confuse now

• Il
      31st of Jan, 2019

Same thing here. How can we make this Maple Call inc transparent to see who they are? I am not willing to pay this bill. I don' have agreement to use their services.

Ilija

• Is
      31st of Jan, 2019

Hello. I have same problem, I called maple they are busy. At any time they have 75 or more calls waiting.
    They charge me for services I never paid to necc. They obtained account information from necc and necc transferred my info without informing me and without my permission. Is this allowed? Is it not violation?

15th of Feb, 2019

@Ishaq Bhimla It is a spam! And an abuse!
    Go to : https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

• Is
      31st of Jan, 2019

How do we stop this services ?

31st of Jan, 2019

@Ishaq Bhimla Call them and ask to cancel now and erase your personal information.

1st of Feb, 2019

@Dan239 can you please provide a phone number you can reach out to Maple call Inc

20th of Feb, 2019

@MAC2019 Their phones are practically not working now. When I called, I received a message that, due to a large volume of calls, I should try another day. There is an option on their website, though, to chat with customer service. I am doing that now. Will see if cancellation can be made that way

20th of Feb, 2019

@MAC2019 OK, I was able to do the online chat on the website. Received a call back from a customer service representative and got my services cancelled. This is the link to the website and in the right lower corner, there is a chat sign. Hope it works for everyone

20th of Feb, 2019

@Dtso Sorry, forgot to attach the link: https://maplecall.com

• St
      31st of Jan, 2019

I waited for a long time, get the chance to talk with the REP. The monthly fees (4.99 international discount + 2.99 operational charges) can be removed for the future if you choose to receive email reminders as NECC and no disccount. If you do not use very often like me, ask them to remove the international discount options. 2.99 operational charges is the fee for the paper letter handling. Ask them to set up email as NECC.

It looks like every thing as before now. We will see the progress in the future.

• Ga
      31st of Jan, 2019

Same here, just got an invoice for over $10.00 for only 2 min talking in Spain. I can’t believe. This seams to be a violation. No one informed me and ask for permission. I don’t have any intention to pay and if necessary I will go to court and mass media for assistance. It’s not about money in my case...it’s about respect and customer service. I had over 8 years with NECC...

• La
      31st of Jan, 2019

What a scam. I cancelled my service with NECC several months ago just receive this bill today. Same thing. Monthly charges. I am considering BBB as well

Dear all brothers,

Sharing your info is illegal without your consent(NECC to Maple). Please complain to Police and do not pay your bill to Maple.

• Aq

Hi guys, you can complain about Maple Call Inc. at CCTS
    as NECC customers we have nothing to do with Maple Call Inc.

• Ge
      31st of Jan, 2019

Just for the record, I'm in the same situation. Many years with NECC, same ridiculous charges (more fees that my usage), received bill today (Jan 31st) payable for Feb 2.

Considering complaint but who is BBB? What about CRTC? I don't believe the police will take care with this...
    I think it is important to say together with this. Many people together have more power.

1st of Feb, 2019

@GeorgesBG Hi, I'm in the same situation as everyone else received bill Jan 31, to be paid by Feb 2nd. After calling over 10 times and waiting 45 to 55 minutes each call to be hang up after ward very frustrating. Just finally got a hold of them Feb 1st @ 1:30pm. The guy on the phone said Necc Telecom went out of business 3 days ago and did not notify their customers also said that 2 other long distance companies went out of business and they are taking over all 3 companies. He waived all other fee I had extra on my bill ( $4.99 + $2.99 ) and just paying for what I actually used. He said they are giving the same the Necc Telecom did. Also I had a credit he said everyone that had credits has lost them because Necc Telecom just transferred them customers usage without any credits. He also said not to look at the due date as it was automatic from the computer because everything being transferred over to fast he said to give 3 weeks to pay from the day you received the bill because they were mailled out January 30th, 2019. I have searched info on Necc Telecom and nothing... everthing is just gone.

• Ge

The only information I found about Maple Call inc is a record here:
    Do this company have web site?
    The address in this record is a house in residential area. Strange.

• Bz
      4th of Feb, 2019

@GeorgesBG Guess we are all in the same boat I also received an invoice. NOT PAYING

13th of Feb, 2019

@GeorgesBG I found Nazariy Bilobran (official owner of Maple Call) on LinkedIn. He is located in Ukraine and has a background in telecom industry. the whole story smells scam. Do not pay.