Malaysian Airlines Systems (Mas) / incompetent rerouting

1 Malaysia Review updated:

I was traveling from Malaysia on MAS to Tokyo to make a Continental Airline flight to Newark airport. MAS was overbooked and they rerouted me to London to take a British Airways flight to Newark instead. However, because of the incompetent fool at the MAS check in desk who forgot to send in the booking number to BA, the reservation was cancelled by the time I arrived with my daughter. We were delayed in Heathrow airport for 10 hours while transfer desk struggled to find us a flight out during the Christmas season.

On the way back from Newark, at check in we discovered that the MAS check staff also did not inform Continental Airlines that we were entering the US via a different route an airlines. And so when we did not show up in Tokyo, CA cancelled our flight there and back. Therefore our seats were sold, they were overbooked and there were 16 people on standby. CA rerouted us through LA to make a flight to Hong Kong where we had a flight on MAS back to Malaysai. Because of delays we did just missed the flight which resulted my daughter and I being stranded in Hong Kong for 26 hours. We then had to pay rebooking fees and was taxed for staying at the airport overnight.

I have written in to MAS through the online customer feedback section and I've called MAS customer service everyday. Each time I'm put through to voicemail and I've left a message each time. No one has contacted me in anyway.

Bb

Comments

• Ai
      13th of Feb, 2010

First advice: stop leaving messages... They got the first one, and leaving 10 more will not make a difference. If anything, it will piss them off and they will ignore you.

Write a letter to the airline and ask that they reimburse you the extra money you had to spend as a result of their error. I'm assuming the whole trip was on one ticket and that you didn't buy separate tickets on MAS and Continental. If you bought separate tickets, then the airline is not responsible.