Makemytrip.com / us customers beware of these scammers

I should have checked the rating of this online agencies from bbb.com website before going a head with booking... They've the worst rating in BBB. I booked my ticket (Booking ID : Y8PJAK) via Lufthansa and later raised cancellation due to flight departure time change. When I contacted, the agency representative agreed for full refund after consulting with the airline and send me the cancellation form to sign and send across which I did promptly... They said it'll take 21 days to get the refund.. At the 11th hour they called me and said the airline refused to refund... but can give options for date change... The reason why I booked by original ticket was it was pretty cheap for the time of travel I was looking for... Back and forth I contacted them bunches of times... Each time I contacted the agents came with a new story regarding my booking and cancellation. Finally tired with this I decided not to go with the options anymore, but instead determined to get my refund back... The agent agreed and wrote me that he had raised a cancellation and that I have to wait for 2 more days to get the status of cancellation. after 2 days when I contacted back another agent said they are ready to give another date option... But this agent 'Y' do not even know what I communicated with agent 'X' . The lack of communication coordination is at it's height and no one has the courtesy to come forward and update the status of our cancellation.
Now it's almost past a month and half ever since I raised the cancellation originally.. So far I've not recd my refund or status or any time frame when I'll get... If anyone has so much in your bank account and think to keep the money safe... Give it to makemytrip.com they'll keep it safe forever..
Out of my experience I had with us.makemytrip.com I strongly suggest all US customers not to go booking with these scammers... Better buy the tickets thru arilines own online website or any agency accredited with BBB though it's cost you couple of dollars more.. Atleast you'll get prompt response and don't have to bother about your money...

Comments

• Aj
      13th of Aug, 2010

AND NOW THEY LOOTED $70M FROM US INVESTORS. POOR US INVESTOR. OR MAY BE IT MAY BE COMING FROM PENSIONS FUND OF POOR FOLK WHO CAN NOT CONTROL WHERE MONEY IS INVESTED.

• Sr
      30th of Sep, 2010

I got my Refund Finaly... after a long wait...

• Pa
      30th of Dec, 2010

for family emergency we had to use Makemytrip...they charged $ 3700 for round trip Chicago-Chennai
    but flight cancelled
    then Makemytrip booked in Etihad for $ 3400 ...so total charge of $7100 for one person
    They said it will take 2 months for the refund...should I wait for 2 months or is this is all fraud
    from
    Saravanan

• Nj
      20th of Apr, 2012

MakeMyTrip is an Indian travel site who just thought it would be cool to run the same business in US without having any idea about US laws or customers. Also as many suggested they are cheaters and I would highly recommend to not buy any tickets from them.
    I bought a ticket from my Mother and I was quoted a price in US $ but charged in INR leading to FTF from my bank. They promised to refund this fee in 7-10 days but after 15 phone calls and 20 emails I am still struggling with them. They ahev started asking for bank statement and other things like conference call with the bank representative that violates the privacy of the customer. They also dont have any insurance to protect the customer privacy so don't be surprised if you entire contact details are posted on some marketing sites or misued by some anti-social elements.

• Mr
      29th of Nov, 2012

Make my trip is all about disservice, they sell tickets cheap after that if you follow your itinerary it is fine. But if your trip is interrupted for any reason you are by your own. Forget about any help from customer service as most of them student or just started there carrier in airline industry and for every question there is big hold time and answer mostly unsatisfactory or supervisor will call you back which never happens. I bought my ticket from make my trip and ticket was issued by American Airlines but except lax to sfo all journey was with BMI to Amritsar. On return I have to extend my stay so I called BMI and I was told that cancellation fee and re booking fee is same $250 I did not have firm date so I decided to rebook later. When I called AA.com to rebook I was told to call BMI as ticket was authorized by BMI and sold by AA.com So I called BMI and was told that BMI is merged with British airlines so there schedule are changed so I should call makemytrip to rebook. So I called makemytrip office in India and USA for four days but every time they promise some senior officer will call you back. But no one called me back finely I bought one way ticket to USA and till date I have not got any response. I tried to dispute payment with American Express Unsuccessfully against makemytrip. They replied to AMEX that passenger was no show and returned ticket was cancelled. Morel of the story is I saved $ 50 at time of booking and paid extra $1200 to buy one way ticket from Amritsar to Los Angeles.
    D.Singh

• Su
      25th of Jun, 2013

The management Deep Karla and his family take honeymoon vacations at the cost of the customer. Hopeless management and hopeless employees. 'Makemytrip' is' make karlas honeymoon' trip . He does not refund your airfare, but uses it to make honeymoon trips all over the world. Is this guy really from IIM or are IIM's really below standards in educating their students?