Majic Jack / rip off

1 7771 Joe Newton #3002San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2103403961

Majic Jack is a rip off. Same as other complaints. However, it jacked up my internet access altogether. It dragged the log on time significantly and they charged my cc 70.80 not the 39.95 and now my credit card company wants proof. Well isn't that convenient, nothing in writing, and no packing slip in the box. No where to return for refund no response from them at all. This is the biggest rip off ever. no more on line or tv offers for me.

Comments

• Ke
      10th of Jul, 2008

Unable to return product within 30 day return period. Product is unsatisfoctory.

• Ki
      31st of Jul, 2008

They sent me defective Majic Jack and I sent it back, of course they say "We didn't get it" but after enough proof then the extra charges were said to be extended warranty which I never buy on any item because that is a load of crap. They are saying we will take care of asap and yeah after 95.00. Never do it again.

1st of Aug, 2008
    Majic Jack - Technical
    Majic Jack

Did not work well. Little practical help from Customer Service. Difficult to find return info. Beware of what you are getting into.

1st of Aug, 2008

Magic Jack is a scam. The product doesn't work and the customer service is no better. They say that you can return the product if you are not satisfied and they will pay to send it back no questions asked. No true nothing they say is true. I have sent mine back which I had to pay for. I hope i get back the charge that they but on my card. Stay away from Magic Jack.

24th of Aug, 2008

colonsmartcleasner
    Posted: 2008-08-24 by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    froud

Complaint Rating:
    I to was a dumy. i was on a survey, took the trial offer and got scamed. there were no phone numbers on the offer but i thought there would be with the trial shippment.NOT, only a web sight. when i went to bring it up, all that would come up was a picture of the bottle of colonsmartcleasner, when i clicked on the bottle it would take me to another sight. i tried several times the same thing kept happening. So there i found a phone number so i called it. they kept saying they had nothing to do with colonsmartcleasner.needless to say i was very angry.then i thought well when it comes in i would just put on it return to sender and wait for a refund. well it never happend... my bank said they couldnt do anything for thirty days from the day i sent it back. so i waited filled the dispute and waited four days for the results.. well then i get the results from my bank... NOT HAPPY my bank sends me some copys off the internet from colonsmart stating there is only one way you can receive a refund.you have to follow four steps. one of thoughs steps are they do not except Return to sender packages as a way for refund. what they dont say is that package i sent back is theirs now and you get nothing for $88.98.now it said nothing about ANY policys when i ordered the free samples.and when i got the free samples it had nothing of any policys either. so im out the money and the FAKE product(COLONSMARTCLEASNER). OH DID I MENTION YHE PRODUCT DID NOTHING... I TOOK THE SUPPOSEDLY FREE SAMPLES AND HAD NO REACTION !!! if there is anyone out there that can help me get my money back.i would be very happy... oozman.com@live.com TO EVERYONE------ STAY AWAY FROM COLONSMARTCLEASNER !!! THERE A RIPOFF !!!

1 minutes ago by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    i forgot to mention the paperwork my bank got off the internet was dated july 10th 2008 REVISED. this was 2 mth. after i sent mine back. when i got my (FREE) sample.i couldnt get on their web site to cancel nor did they have a phone number... COLONSMARTCLEASNER IS A RIPOFF...

6th of Sep, 2008

maybe you should post the return address that you did find if others have the same problem. I just ordered one, i am going see how it works. I trusted it becasue I know someone else who has one and it is working fine

• Na
      16th of Sep, 2008

yes i agree with the customer that tried the colon cleanser it is totally bogus and i returned a few mnts ago, still waiting for reimburtment.

• Cr
      11th of Oct, 2008

I bought magic jack to test it out. I wouldn't give up my land line.
    It's a major pain in the BUTT! The problem I have is no dial tone at times. I used better phone with a 3 foot cord and that helped for a while. The usb cord is always connected to the usb port to the computer. I discovered I have to shut down the program and restart it again to get the dial tone. This product has a long way to go to be reliable. On a rating 1-5 (1 poor & 5 very good) I would give it a 2. You will have to be a computer geek to get this tempormental thing to work! You might want to investigate skype instead; you will have to pay a few cents a minute pay as you go or go for a monthly subscription to call any land phone or cell phone in the U.S.

• Bo
    Orange
    California
    Phone: 714-516-1518
    majicjack.com

I was told the majic jack cost $46.90, they took out $52.75 from our credit card and when we sent it back they credited us back $43.09 instead of $52.75. We got ripped off $5.85. It was supposed to be a free 100 percent free trial offer. There are no live people to talk to like they advertized either. I am contacting the better business bureau and lodging a complaint!

30th of Oct, 2008

we purchased the majic jack it does not work at all can't return because they want give us an address.as hard as money is to come by this is total bullx ### and i want the address or youv mail my money back. ###

• Hq
      8th of Nov, 2008

I too purchased Magic Jack only to be disappointed. It did work great for the first 30 days. After that, poor sound quality, dropped calls, calls that will not go through etc.

No, you can not reach a real person at ANY TIME!! This is a LIE!!

Having no way to contact them I am writing all of the TV Stations that advertised, and continue to advertise this product. It only works some of the time. I would be happy if it worked most of the time.

Please keep writing so others do not get sucked in.

11th of Nov, 2008

I used the Magic Jack and it works fine...the return address is on the site along with the customer service number.

• Ke
      16th of Nov, 2008

I plugged it in, it worked it is clear and an unbeleivable great deal. plus if you travel with a laptop you can always have access to your home or office phone, no microwaves like a cell phone. no cell cite disruption. you can hook a fax to it. this is a no brainer!! great devise. only draw back, you have to be plugged into a computer that is on and connected to a high spead modem.
    i love it

• Be
      18th of Nov, 2008

I use the jack since a year.
    Beginning: wonderful.
    Today: 11/2008 - a piece of ###!

Don’t buy.

Why?

The company is anonymous – ( yes the are online – but that’s it - ) with pictures of the management on the beach in FL laughing their ### of - since

A: you never get any support when needed.
    Its a lie that you can reach them online !!!

B: Cox Company FOR SURE - and others will follow since they - are sending a nasty tone repeating every second over the line in a frequenzy only to be heard by your ear.

Majic jack it on its end soon!!

• Pr
      2nd of Dec, 2008

They suck!!! I can't believe I even thought this would be any good. They must get a gov loan to trin new people for Tech support. They dont know what they are doing. I could never get registered to get connected. I am very upset. They wouldn't give me a refund b/c it was after thirty days but I was working with their tech support trying to get connected. I will tell everyone I know not to purchase this because this is a rip off. I hate to say this but we have been RIPPED OFF!!! I am going to report this toBBB. Also, if anyone know who we can contact to get these scums to give us our money back, Im ready. Pass this on to all your friends and relatives never to purchase this mess.

3rd of Dec, 2008

MAJICJACK HAS OVERCHARGED AND IS NOT FAIR. IT SEEMS THAT THEY DONT HAVE ANY LIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE ALSO. ACCORDING TO MY CONTRACT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO CHARGE ONLY $40.00 FOR ONE YEAR SERVICE INCLUDING THE SHIPPING & HANDLING. BUT THEY CHARGE $66.85. I AM GOING AFTER THEM AND I WILL SUGGEST EVERY ONE TO BE CAREFULL. I GUESS DO NOT USE CREDIT CARD.

• Ha
      3rd of Dec, 2008

It worked OK for a few months. When I had a problem I spent over 6 Hours on the chat line with a So Called Tech. I even offered to purchase a new one as long as I could keep my same number. They kept giving the Run Around. I have recommened this product to some of my friends but now I have contacted them and told them all the Bull I have gone thru. I talked with 8 different So Called Techs and none of them could help. I would not even reccommend this item to my Mother In Law. It is a piece of crap.
    Harold Smith
    cell# 815-718-5177
    Lanark, Illinois

4th of Dec, 2008

I have had my magic jack for two years now and have no problems with it. I have even ran the phone cord to my exitsting phone jacks, and disconected the nid and all my phones in the house work fine. the only time i have problems is when i am downloading high mb programs. and yes if you are using a dsl yes you are going to have problems. The device is plug and play it is a no brainer. also if you have alot of programs running in the back ground yes that big list of crap by your clock on the bottom right of your screen. Then duh you are going to have problems. and yes if you are reading this you are most likley one of the people that don't have a clue how to run your computer. The new america, want more for nothing. yes get off your but and change the channel once in a while or mabey read a book instead of watching the movie. What else do you want for 20 buck a year. your last cup of coffee almost cost that. And no in case you are wondering i don't work or know who works for them. But I am not paying 140 dollars a month for a phone. AT&T no thanks.

15th of Dec, 2008
    Majic Jack - billed but no product
    majic jack
    Nevada

Igot a charge on my credit card for over $150. with no phone number to ask for information about, thing I ordered on that day was a majic jack from a TV info commercial. They never sent the product and I cannot get anyone by the TV phone number or the internet web page. I am really upset. What can I do?

26th of Dec, 2008

Try as I may I keep getting error messages. The one time I did get through the audio was terrible.