MagicJack / not reliable

1 SC, United States Review updated:

Magicjack is not reliable and the company does not stand behind their product. I have spent over a dozen hours on chats trying to keep it working. After a host of changes to my settings that their agents walk me through I could get the unit working, but usually it would quit after a few days. After 2 months of trying to make it reliable I asked for a refund and was denied, now I am waiting for a replacement but have seen a number of complaints posted because they charge you for the replacement, then deny that they received the returned unit and will not give you your refund. I am now wondering if I will cancel the replacement and just chalk this up to my stupidity and their lack of integrity.

Pa

Comments

• Ha
      18th of Dec, 2008

I have tried the magicjack for 2 months now, and I cannot get a clear reception, it has heavy echo, I have try to fix using their recommendation on-line but still not working, I don, t know how to get help.

23rd of Mar, 2009

I thought Magic Jack is Magic and so I bought 5 UNITS to give out to friend and use as extra phone lines at work. The turn out is terrible. When ever it works, I get a call. If it is lazy, I don't get a call. Hope Magic jack do something about this. The idea is wonderful but I need MJ that work. If you are thinking of buying one, you need to think again.
    Jonathan,
    Fresno, CA

• Re
      9th of Apr, 2009

Magicjack sucks monkey's balls! I have been having it second year and lately it has been giving dropped calls and gaps in conversations as if a very bad cell phone reception. Some numbers I dial it won't even connect to. It takes forever for the software to load after PC reboot and it seems that they simply don't care about improving its firware. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE service. The company is very snobbish when it comes to customer service, in fact their customer service is one of the worst I have ever dealt with. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR FOLKS!!! I hope this company vanishes as quickly as it appeared, definitely a get rich quick scheme here, I wouldn't say that if not for all the unreliable dropped calls and horrible service, not only in my experience but with many others. Take that Dan Borislow - the "inventor"...