MagicJack / it is a fraudulent ponzi scam

1 OH, United States Review updated:

Purchased The Magic Jack in April of '08 and it is an absolute fraud. After using the product for 45 to 60 days problems were experienced. Though the initial problems were taken care of, the same problems reappeared continuously. The majority of the Customer Service people try, but immediately the hand of failures is shown by the questions when Firewalls need to be removed, it is your phone even though it is the same phone that you have used and when you change the phone it still remains the same. The problem is with YOUR equipment, the recommendation is to buy additional equipment and your system may work. It is ongoing but one thing is definitely now showing as a white flag of guilt. Magic Jack is offering a 5 year renewal program for a 60% discount. IF Magic Jack was properly working for even a slight majority of the new buyers, given the current economy the sales would be going through the roof simply by word of mouth. Certainly the retention rate of existing customers would not be dropping to the point that a 60% reduced price could be justified when sales are already robust, or is there a requirement for this discount because the Ponzi scheme is coming apart? Please try to be nice to the CSR's that try to help you, they are only trying to make a living by keeping a job helping people with something that they know does not work. That has to be frustrating and they also have to eat and pay bills. Have read some that have had some success, but am curious as to why these people would look under Magic Jack compalints to post there adoration for the product. One specifically said that he was "a good friend of the inventor and the Magic Jack works perfectly". That sounds much like my being 50 years old and saying that I can prove that I am honest because I have a note from my mother, or maybe I missed something. What does the rest of the population feel about that? Anyways, for anyone that reads this prior to buying into the Magic Jack scam, don't buy it yet, maybe in a few years it will have a better network. For those that have joined the ranks of us "CHATTING" on this board, you are among company of those that are interested in trying something new. A Pioneer as such because many people will not try something until it is proven in a clinical test. My friends, we are the clinical test. DO NOT BUY THIS AT THIS TIME, unless you want to be a Pioneer of something that does not work as of yet.

St

Comments

• To
      24th of Mar, 2009

not anywhere near a ponzi scam thats not even the definition of a ponzi scam look it up in wiki

• Lo
      24th of Mar, 2009

I had just posted a complaint on another subject. I saw "Magic Jack" on the left side of my computer screen. I read one complaint. My MJ hasn't been working for over a month. I thought it was a problem with my computer!! I've tried all the "help" recommendations but haven't been able to use the phone on a regular basis. Yes, I guess those of us who purchased Magic Jack are the "pioneers."

• Mj
      1st of Apr, 2009

I love Magicjack. Now I love it even more that I got the caller id to work on my phone by getting a fixer from www.magicjackcallerid.com