MagicJack / doesn't work with dsl as promised

1 MA, United States Review updated:

Magic Jack does not have a customer service rep when you call, they try to force you to order on their hotline. They tell you it works with DSL, sure, it does, but you still need your phone service to use your DSL, therefore, you still have two bills. one for their product and one for your dsl. If you have a cable modem, then you may want to get it, but if you google: Magic Jack complaints, you may want to think twice, because the internet is full of complaints from them. Which is how I found this site. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Le

Comments

• Li
      3rd of Jul, 2008
    Magic Jack - doesnt work,no customer support unable to return
    magicjack.com
    California
    www.magicjack.com

There is no customer support to let me know how to return this device. It didnt work and slowed down and damaged my computer. They claim an easy return but unable to return.. Can you help me to get a return address?

• Wi
      11th of Jul, 2008

magic jack do not work on my computer and when i try to get help with it i can not get no one, and it want let me return it

14th of Jul, 2008

same thing, won't work, can't return..they won't give you anRMA which they say is necessary, and the form you are susposed to fill out is lacking a box to fill in your email address which is required to get an RMA number. so quess what? you can"t return that sucker no matter what. SCAM? you bet.

• Jh
      2nd of Sep, 2008

..Com-on man! ..You don't need phone service for Magicjack!

Magicjack with DSL works perfect.. and you say it don't?

Works with 1000's and 1000, s of DSL users!

Just because you can't talk your Phone service to use DSL only
    ..You Blame Magicjack!

Plugin Magicjack.. and it works fine. Amazing how many say Magicjack don't work when it does...

If your PC doesn't work with Magicjack you blame Magicjack..?

It couldn't possibly be your PC ...could it? NO NO!

Update your PC Man! ..Try a 220v outlet! ..Repeat as Necessary!

..Amazing!

• Di
      18th of Sep, 2008
    Magic Jack - nOT ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBERS ONLY INTERNET,NO HELP, ADS VERY MISLEADING!!!
    mAGIC jACK
    p.o.bOX6846
    West Palm Beach
    Florida
    Phone: NONE LISTED
    MAJICjACK.COM

i ORDERED PRODUCT FROM TV AD THEY STATE 1PLUG IN TO COMPUTER 2 PLUG PHONE IN AND MAKE YOUR CALLSTHIS IS ABSOLUTLEY NOT TRUE i SPENT 3 HOURS ON LINE TRYING TO GET HELP AT THE WEB SITE IT FINALLY WORED FOR TWO DAYS NOW NOT WORKING AGAIN THIS COM[PANY NEEDS TO GET REAL PHONE NUMBERS WITH REAL PEOPLE TO HELP i WOULD NEVER RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT OR COMPANT TO ANYONE!!!

• To
      15th of Oct, 2008

I have phone number (281) 404-1551 for customer service; this product definitely a RIP OFF!

• Cl
      17th of Oct, 2008
    Magic Jack - international calls
    Phone: 7733633699

I am unable to contact Brazil. When callingl, phone rings 3 times and cuts off. I have also been unable to add international minutes

How can I speak with your rep?

17th of Oct, 2008

Please let me know if you find out. I`ve looked for two days now trying to find a way to contact them.

• Bo
      26th of Oct, 2008

But with DSL you are still using the phone line, therefore the phone company said there will be charges for any long distance made through the DSL connection, even if the line is DSL service only!! People need to know this before they get suckered into this thing.

• Da
      8th of Nov, 2008

It worked ok about 80% of the time then in the middle of a call it broke after 90 days. Now my computer won't recognize it and there IS NO SERVICE. ALL THE LINKS SUGGESTING SERVICE ARE FRAUD. THE FAQ'S ARE A SCAM AND WASTE OF TIME.

• Je
      14th of Nov, 2008

3-4 months ago I ordered, received and installed Magic Jack on my laptop's USB port as suggested. I have Comcast DSL.
    As many of the comments I read about indicated the Audio quality is poor, when connected either the party you're calling can't hear you or it sounds like you're talking underwater. No technical help is available. I am extremely computer literate. I tried to resilve the problems myself. All to no avail.
    Do not buy this product. I know the commercial appeal because of the larceny in all of us suggests you can save a lot of $$$ if you use the Magic Jack. But, it just doesn't work. I
    I've asked Comcast to install digital phone service for $19.95 / mo/ for the first year. I'm sure they are legitimate. At least I won't be forced to return to A T & T and continue to pay them a double fee for their service.

• El
      18th of Nov, 2008
    Magic Jack - phone number
    po box 6846
    West Palm Beach
    Phone: 1800-761-4346
    magicjack.com

False advertisement. I have been charged on my credit card and it hasn't been 31 days yet. I need to know how to contact someone in their billing department. They say that you wouldn't be charged for 31 days.

19th of Nov, 2008
    Magic Jack - price

I was charge for service that i didn't ask for. the 2 year upgrade and express shipping/ the cost for the jack is 39.95 and that the only amount should be charge to my card

• Jh
      24th of Nov, 2008

..Well you better get on the stick and tell all the airports, motels, food places and all the free wifi spots about being charged..!
    ...Try a 220v outlet -one ..more time!

• Ar
      26th of Nov, 2008
    Magic Jack - Voice Mail
    Magic Jack
    1137 Nightingale St
    Braham
    Minnesota
    Phone: 763.202.4585

I have a number of voice mail notices on my emails for Magic Jack. When I follow the instructions to retrieve them I am told my password is incorrect, yet when I look at my original stuff that pw is the one that shows up. How do I retrieve my voice mails?
    Thanks

30th of Nov, 2008
    Magic Jack - I can't find live customer service
    n/a
    2207 west L-12
    Palmdale
    California
    Phone: 661-433-7480

I need to find live customer service to call me at 661-433-7480.Because my magic jack seems to not be working write now.And my magic jack number is:661-794-7516

email address: panyvino7@yahoo.com

• Ka
      1st of Dec, 2008

I didn't realise either that they would give you a dierct, live rep to talk to for problems or returns. This is the 3rd scan I fell for. I may have to close my American Express card to prevent any more charges hitting my acount!! Guess I have to call Amex again, last time it was in regard to "Celebrity Sexy Teeth" doing business as IONLINEORDER.COM...tHEY ARE A SCAM TOO!! If anyone happens to read this. Buyer Beware--we all need to go to these forums BEFORE we buy, to make sure they're legit!!!If you or anyone can help me get a number &/or get a refund for 2 magicJacks, please contact me @ 360-452-5213 or katsy3333@q.com. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you & God bless. (let's pray we don't have to spend our precious time dealing withn ### like this!! & use the money towards decent gifts; my daughter turned it down. At 17, she knew to refuse it!)
    Happy Holidays just the same!! kat

• De
      2nd of Dec, 2008

MagicJack has no customer service via telephone. And their online chat reps appear to only tell you enough of what you want to hear to get you off the phone. They do not solve any problems whatsoever. Good luck with getting refunds or service from this company! All the promises of the MagicJack infomercial are a scam.

• Be
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I was billed immediately - no free trial period as advertised. My card was billed twice what it was supposed to be. I cancelled my card so it can not happen again! I have contacted the BBB. Terrible product! Terrible service!

4th of Dec, 2008

I read from the magic jack site that its a 30 day free trial witch may or may not be true I havent tried for myself but you would read the fine print they stated that you would be billed on the 31st for the product and shipping and handling, thats probably why everyone is complaining about the charges after the 30 day trial do you get charged the 19.99 for the year? You really get charged more for the magic jack and s/h then you do for the yearly service. Let me know If I am wrong.