Macys / unauthorized charges - insufficient return payment
My name is Dr. Sima Tarzami and I am writing this to file a complain about Macy's Manhassat Branch for the following reasons:
1) Macys store did not refund my money fully for the items that I have returned (see attachments for a copy of my receipt; It was short for the amount of $53.47). I have been charged unlawfully for the amount of $53.47 as Star money return)
2) Portion of my money was also refund as EZ exchange gift card instead of to be refunded to my Macys credit card that was paid by! In doing so, I had to pay that portion of the money from my pocket to Macys credit card again to prevent interest rate and Macys has apparently managed to sell me a gift card which I have to shop again to make sure that is used.
In brief summary, I returned 3 handbags to Macy's Manhasset Branch for the total of $575.76 including taxes on 08/30/2018 and noticed later that I was returned not the full amount (my Macys credit card was only credited $486.01. It was short for the amount of $53.47) and on top of that I was given portion of the money against my protest in a way of EX exchange card ($36.28) (see attachment). I contacted Macys by phone on 09/04/2018 to complain and I was told that I have used $40 star rewards money toward the purchase of one of the handbags and they have taken that star money back. As Macys agreement says I have earned Star rewards money by shopping at Macys. That is the rewards money that I have earned and it was supposed to come back to me so I can use it toward another item. This was the practice in the past as well. You can read the agreement page (see attachment) that says "e. If you use a Star Money reward(s) toward a purchase and then return the item purchased. Macy's may issue the portion of your return paid with a Star Money reward(s) in the form of a Macy's Happy Returns Card."
I am a Platinum member at Macys it means that I shop a lot at Macys. I have told them that they could have put those points that belongs to the returned items as negative points on my account which they do so as I am doing my future shopping they can get those points covered. As you see in my documents (see attachments) I returned $575.76 worth of items (08/30/18) and I shopped $358.78 (08/31/18 to 09/01/18) the next days so I shop a lot at this store and there is no shortage of the earning points on this to cover the negative ones (see attachment).
However, this time they charged me and deducted from my bill as STAR $ RETERN for $53.47. I have bought three items and fully paid them on the Macys credit card and returned them with the receipt and I want my money to be fully refunded. Interestingly, if you go to Macys on line order history it indicates that those items were fully credited (see attachment) which is not true and if I had not looked at my bill later on I would have never known it because they never mentioned it to me in store that I have been charged for something.
In addition, I want Macys to stop giving customer EZ exchange card when the customer has receipt and based on Macys agreement it should be refunded exactly the method that was paid for. Trying to sell their EZ exchange gift card to the customer instead of paying their money back is appalling practice and it is unlawful and should be stopped.
In Conclusion, I want Macys to refund my ($53.47) and I want Macy to take the EZ exchange card back and pay me my money exactly the way that I have paid them ($36.28).
Dr. Sima Tarzami
More Macys Complaints & Reviews
- Macy's Credit Card - credit card fraud 
- Macy's Department Stores - forcing employees to quit vs. pay unemployment 
- Macy's - belgique cookware "don't get burned" 
- Macys - poor place to work 
- Macy's - employee harassment 
- Macys - manager haressment 
- Macy's - belgique=basically a bomb on your stove
- Macy's - diamond earrings on sale
- Macy's - bedding
- Macy's - Not coming