Macy's Stor Credit Card / unapproved charges

Durham, United States Review updated:
I applied for a Macy's credit card in-store and did not receive my first month's statement. On my second month's statement, I had a late fee and a charge for "credit protection" service in which I never enrolled. When I called, they took off the late fee, but wanted to charge me to pay by phone. When I refused to pay that charge, they did waive it, but I had to be assertive. The worst thing was the credit protection scam. They had charged me for two months' worth, saying I signed up for a 30 day trial when I applied. Well, that's not true. I had the clerk do the application for me and I just showed my ID and other credit card. I never enroll in those stupid programs, so I know I didn't authorize it and I remember her asking me about it. However, they said I was past the trial and had to pay anyway. I was charged $12 over two months for an unauthorized enrollment in this program. The only recourse I had was to have them send me proof of my enrollment, which I'm still waiting on.

The solution -- don't get a Macy's card and MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR STATEMENT to contest the crap they try to pile on!

Comments

La
  21st of Nov, 2008
Is the Macy's credit card handled by GE Money Bank?

IF yes - it GE Money tacking on the extra charges - they like to pad their bills as much as possible. They are also lowering everyones credit limit to only $100.00 just before Christmas.

I'm sure the stores that have GE Money handling their credit accounts are not aware of this and those stores are counting on these customers to come in and shop - but can't now because of GE Money.
JC Penney, Belks, Lowes, Old Navy, Banana Republic among others are going to have a very bad Christmas season this because of GE Money.

Macy's Logo Macy's