Macy's Stor Credit Card / unapproved charges
I applied for a Macy's credit card in-store and did not receive my first month's statement. On my second month's statement, I had a late fee and a charge for "credit protection" service in which I never enrolled. When I called, they took off the late fee, but wanted to charge me to pay by phone. When I refused to pay that charge, they did waive it, but I had to be assertive. The worst thing was the credit protection scam. They had charged me for two months' worth, saying I signed up for a 30 day trial when I applied. Well, that's not true. I had the clerk do the application for me and I just showed my ID and other credit card. I never enroll in those stupid programs, so I know I didn't authorize it and I remember her asking me about it. However, they said I was past the trial and had to pay anyway. I was charged $12 over two months for an unauthorized enrollment in this program. The only recourse I had was to have them send me proof of my enrollment, which I'm still waiting on.
The solution -- don't get a Macy's card and MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR STATEMENT to contest the crap they try to pile on!
More Macy's Stor Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- Macy's Credit Card - credit card fraud 
- Macy's Department Stores - forcing employees to quit vs. pay unemployment 
- Macy's - belgique cookware "don't get burned" 
- Macys - poor place to work 
- Macy's - employee harassment 
- Macy's - customer service - cancelled order without notification
- Macy's - macys american express 
- Macy's - damaged property during delivery
- Macy's - customer service in the philippines
- Macy's - versace sunglasses very unhappy with macy's customer service