Macy's / deceptive billing practices

1 San Jose, CA, United States Review updated:

I have a Macy's Visa Credit Card. I have a bill payment through my bank. I began to receive bills from Macy's, which I paid through my bank. I receive e-statements only. When I would attempt to pay the amount that Macy's was billing through my bank on the Visa Card, the message was "amount exceeds amount owed" - because I had a zero balance. Then Macy's began adding late charges (even though I was making a $5.00 minimum payment). Finally, I called Macy's and was told that the charge was on a revolving account within the Macy's store itself. I was unaware that there were two separate accounts. I paid the charges, including late fees. However, I was frustrated when I tried to point out that I was unaware of the second account. This is deceptive. My credit score went from 813 to 763. I want this expunged from my credit history, but so far, Macy's is unwilling to work with me.

Jo

Comments

• St
      5th of Oct, 2018

Macy's is definitely involved in deceptive practices. I had an expired credit card with Macy's was told by an associate that will be renewed on the spot. The next thing I know I have a second credit card.Macy's states that I would have been asked for my income at the time and possibly other information which I surely would not have provided as that would not be necessary to renew my card. I clearly stated that I did not want a new card and Associates stated that they were simply renewing my existing account which was a blatant lie. I immediately cancelled both cards which impacted my credit score.