Macy's / took money from a credit I had in my account

PO Box 689195Des Moines, IA, United States Review updated:
4.3
Phone: 440-886-1000

Beware Macys Credit Card holders. Macy's will take it upon themselves to take your money if you have a credit on your charge card! For the last six months I had a $1.00 credit on my Macy's Credit card. I have not used the card, nor do I care to shop at Macy's. I continued to receive credit card statements showing this $1.00 credit. This time the bill was different in that it had a statement saying; "NO PAYMENT IS REQUIRED ON YOUR REVOLVING ACCOUNT. THIS CREDIT BALANCE CAN BE APPLIED TO FUTURE PURCHASES. HOWEVER, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO OBTAIN A REFUND CHECK, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT THE PHONE NUMBER LISTED ON YOUR STATEMENT OR RETURN YOUR PAYMENT SLIP IN THE ENCLOSED ENVELOPE." I decided to call the customer service number at [protected] and spoke with Kathy. I was astonished to hear Kathy tell me that my account now had a 0 balance and Macy's removed the credit. I asked her if they issued me a check and she said ; "NO." I laughed out loud and said to her you mean they removed the dollar and kept it? She said that they did! She said she would place the $1.00 in the account and issue me a check. She said their system automatically removes this money! IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY CREDIT ON YOUR MACY'S ACCOUNT, GET IT OUT! Even the states have to place monies that are not accountable in Unclaimed Funds, BUT NOT MACY'S! What a joke! If I knew this wouldn't ruin my credit, or bring my credit down, I would cancel my credit card! I never intend on going there again!

Comments

Ma
  30th of Sep, 2008
September 30, 2008

Last night I wrote a letter to Macy
s in Des Moines, Iowa requesting that no more catalogs or sales events be mailed to my Post Office Box address. With all of the mail received by them there is very little room left for my reguluar mail. Although Macy's states they don't sell their customer listing; I am getting all kinds of catalogs from companies that I have never ordered from before. I am very upset and, needless to say, so is the Post Office. I can receive sales on line - once again, I don't understand why all of these other companies are sending me catalogs if my personal information was not sold/or given to them. I feel very betrayed!

Macy's Logo Macy's