Macy's Coupons / misleading

1 Mission Viejo, CA, United States Review updated:

Whoever came up with the $10.00 off every $25.00 for Macy's with the fine print "does not apply to morning specials" should be ashamed of him- or herself. This coupon was made available on 11/26/08 and 11/27/08. I am a long-time customer and have always looked forward to deals like this to shop at Macy's. On this Black Friday, I was at South Coast Plaza's Macy's and have seen so many customers disappointed and felt cheated because their coupons were not honored. If many of the shoppers had read the fine print, they would know that the coupons are really worthless since most items in the store were morning specials, and probably would not have even bothered going to Macy's. Maybe this is Macy's plan, to lure customers into their stores, but I think Macy's has lost many customers this past week. It's stupid advertising, especially during an economy crisis like the one now, when there are so many people looking forward to deals who came with great disappointment. It is just too sad.

La

Comments

30th of Nov, 2008

The writer of the complaint about the $10 off $25 purchases coupons was right on the mark. I was going to make the exact same comments. I went to the Mission Valley store intending to do a lot of Christmas shopping in addition to whatever bargains I could get with my coupons, but was so disgusted (as were many other people trying to use the coupons), that I left the store vowing not to return. Furthermore, I intend to tell all of my friends and relatives about this deceptive practice. Macy's you have lost a long time customer.

• Ho
      20th of Feb, 2009

MAYBE you people should READ your coupon! and not just assume. you know what you do when you A-S-S-U-M-E?? most any coupon has limitations on them, juast as any previous macy's coupon... check the back

• Ic
      27th of Nov, 2009

I can't believe these people don't read their coupons. It's not Macy's fault, it's their own.

• My
      12th of Feb, 2011

READ the darn coupons. People are just soo stupid.