Macy's / deceptive marketing practices

United States Review updated:
Ordered a shirt size Large on line at Macy's. It showed as being available in the color and size I chose. Received a shirt in obviously a size Small, where they had removed almost all of the label. Obviously they had run out of the Large size. Instead of notifying me, they did this so that they could send a smaller size to me, thinking "I wouldn't notice". Because of their deceptive marketing practices I no longer purchase anything at Macy's online or in their stores.

N  23rd of Oct, 2009 by
The store in my area tries to portray themselves as high end quality merchandise. The clothing is nothing short of finding it at a Kmart or Walmart. The quality is not worth the prices they charge-even on sale. The clerk I went to said that I did not use my Macy's credit card in awhile so I needed to give personal information and my driver's license to verify my identity. So when I did she said that it wasn't letting me charge on my current Macy's credit card. If I wanted to get the additional 20 percent discount I would need to open a new macy's credit card. Now that's stupid, why would I open another account when I had a card to begin with? I gave her all the information needed to verify who I was, everything short of providing a pint of blood and a brain scan for verification procedures (an exaggeration of course). I gave up and paid cash and with the promise that I would never subject myself to the aggravation again by never stepping foot in a Macy's store again.
D  15th of Jul, 2010 by
You might want to be sure it truly is a size small before you go defaming a company.
Quite a few brands (or just styles) will run smaller or bigger than the size you think you wear.
Really, it's best to try on clothes before buying or at the very least have them infront of you so you can eyeball it and figure out if you think it will fit.
Something being the wrong fit is a risk you take while online shopping.

Macy's Logo Macy's