Lumber Liquidators / warranty not honored

NY, United States Review updated:

We paid over $4000 total with labor to get flooring from Lumber Liquidators.It was supposed to have a thirty year warranty (yeah right).

A year later the floor is garbage. It is full of chips and dents and they won't honor one dime of warranty. We were told in the store about "how high quality this floor is" and "how they use it in there entryways." They lied. We got sold junk.

Lumber liquidators is a scam and a lie. There warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. We went through their entire warranty process and they told us to stick it.

They suck, they suck, they suck.Next time, I'll go to Lowes.

To
Mar 01, 2013

Comments

• We
      Mar 01, 2013

I do not know how much you can sue for in small claims court in your state but in my state the limit is $5, 000. I do know that in all 50 states both the one who is making the complaint, and the one who is defending themselves are not aloud to have a lawyer with them. Both parties stand before the Judge and tell their side of the story, and present any documentation that they might have to support their side. Therefore, if you have the warranties that they gave you at the time of the sale, I would think that you should win your case. You do however have to pay a small filing fee up front, but if you win they have to pay that back to you as well as your $4000, and you can claim punitive damages from your $4000 up to the max you can sue for in your state.

• Ta
      Mar 31, 2013

Our neighbors purchased maple flooring for their whole house and it started bubbling within one year . They spoke to manager and they would not honor their warranty AT ALL!!! Some crazy excuse... We were going to buy our flooring from their until we saw his pickup filled with the NOW scrap lumber from having to take all the BAD flooring out!

• Fl
      May 21, 2013

Unfortunately there are no wood floors made with a warranty on scratching and denting... The only flooring product that's guaranteed not to scratch or dent is carpet...