Lumber Liquidators / Poor quality/No customer service

3000 John Deere RdTaono, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-366-4204 ext 7526
After purchasing Bamboo flooring from LL I started having warping and buckling problems within three months..I had my Brother in Law (30 years installation experience)put it in.As soon as I showed him the problem he told me to contact the supplier, LL.He also told me to expect them to say it was an installation problem right off the bat and that they would say that no room for expansion was the cause.We have a half- inch expansion area around the complete perimeter.After telling the third service rep (the worst I've ever had)that, she decided to go the way of a "moisture issue".After much discussion she informed me that I would need to send photographs to them so they could decide if I truly had a problem.I then inquired how by way of a picture that they could diagnose a moisture or any other problem.She just got more beligerant and said if I wanted to have someone actually come to my home and meet with the installers to come up with a solution I was sorely mistaken.LL does not have any plan or personnel in place to deal with issues like mine.If they deemed a problem needed to be addressed they would send out "independent inspectors" hired by them to actually take the time and make the effort to come and check out their product.After reading the other complaints from those who got the "inspectors" to their homes I don't have any misgivings about what the outcome will be.Nobody has gotten their inspection team to side with anyone but the company.Go figure right?I would never do business with this company again and would encourage others to steer clear of them no matter what the cost.

Comments

Jo
  1st of May, 2009
I am having the same issue with Lumber Liquidators a bamboo floor that has buckled within weeks after being installed.. The only difference is that they want me to pay for the inspection by there independent contractors. I still have planks that are in the original package that have buckled. Alos planks that were stored outside in storage shed have buckled. Lumber liquidators is bad news.
Ch
  26th of Aug, 2009
I know from experience that if moisture comes in and is an expansion gap is not left the floor will buckle and all of that is a site related issue. the floor was not buckled in the boxes and all installers should do a moisture reading of the subfloor as well as the wood floornig and make sure it is within 4% between the two if it isnt then the floor will buckle any good instller will tell you that. I have wood floors and i did them myself i did a moisture test and i placed a moisture barrier and i am very pleased with the flooring
Ka
  8th of Nov, 2009
I also bought Bella wood and had itinstalled by Lumber liquidators contractor four days after installation the floors cupped. The installers did not check for moisture to make sure the subfloors and wood acclamated to the house leaving us with cupped floors when we tried to sell the house our buyers declined. I spent over 6, 000 on these floors. I tried to get help from customer service with no help. I was blown off.They told me there was too much moisture in the house but we have a dehumidifier with a low moisture in the houseThey need to take responsibility for there floors and get them resanded for us. I would never reccomend this company to anyone.

Lumber Liquidators Logo Lumber Liquidators