Lowes / we are obviously disturbing the associates!

Washington, MO, United States Review updated:
Was at the store Sat. March 1, 2008 to pick out products for downstair bathroom. The associate showed me a nice double vanity that was on clearance, which we loved the color. Went back on Sunday morning to purchase everything. First we had to wait for an associate, who watched us for a time before she approached us. I began showing her all the products we were purchasing (around $1500) but when we came to the vanity top that I was shown the night before she told me they sold the last one a month ago. Now who do we believe? Her or the associate that pointed out this bowl to us the night before? She then had to get someone else. It took this man about 5-7 minutes to get to the area then he just looked at us as if we were disturbing him just as the first lady had acted towards us. He told us he didn't have that double bowl and completely walked away from us. We left the store. Maybe Lowes should put their people on commission and see how much more product is moved!

Comments

Je
  11th of Jan, 2015
I get the frustration, and it is just as frustrating to me, as an employee, when things like this happen.
The truth is, and I know that this is not going to make anything better, and may sound like just more excuses, but the truth is, they understaff the departments ALL THE TIME. I work in a department which only has 2 part time associates (they don't hire many full-time people) and we are given 10 -15 hours a week.
No manager since I started there, so I had to figure it all out myself, and with the help of the very gracious and hard-working persons in other departments, which are also greatly understaffed.
Staff is not allowed to do any online training off the clock, but cannot do it on the clock, as there would be no departmental coverage.
I feel bad for myself, but worse for the guests who come in.
Cross-training between departments does not happen, unless you take it upon yourself to skip lunch (which is a terminable offense) to try to keep up with your assigned department and also be able to spend time assisting, when able, in other departments in order to learn the ropes at least a little.
I know that the people at my location are ALL willing and happy to assist, and sometimes it is difficult to hide the stress we are all under, as I am 100% confident that all of my colleagues are hard workers who want to give the customer the best experience.
Sorry that this happened.
I have been with Lowe's for a year and I still have not been given a straight answer about why permanent part-time employees are allowed only 10 to 28 hours a week...the schedules are so inconsistent. One week, 28 hours, the next week, 10, and then store meetings about how messy departments look and how customers are complaining about service.

Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers Logo Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers
Overall Satisfaction Rating