Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers / refunds and returns

1 Joplin, MO, United States

I purchased two items from the Tools department on 3/31/18 for working on my car a Kobalt half inch breaker bar and 15/16 impact socket both items had to be retrived by an employee because of loss prevention methods (which I completely understand). I paid a total of 30.22. I ended up not using the items and went to return them i used my card to pay for them a perpaid American Express which i later on that day losing. When i got to the counter the employee competed my return just fine and and put it back on my lost card. I went across the street to my local Arbys amd got lunch with my fiancee and relized that i LOST that card therefore my retured money was in cyber space... So i went back across the street and to Customer Service Desk informed the employee of my problem she did as she should and contacted her supervisor which took forever to get there and i had my finance explain my problem to him cause i was on a call with my son by that time. The Manager immediately went in to this mode and went on about how the items might have been obtained without paying for them. Which understandably immediately infuriated my fiance. Now I don't make much money and don't claim to be rich at all but poor judgement on that manager's behalf as he displayed a large amount of classism towards us I found it to be very upsetting and degrading especially in a line full of people being stared at. As he was only the service desk manager she then asked for his manager to be called up considering she did not appreciate the way she was being treated by him and felt as if speaking to a nether manager we would possibly be able to resolve the issue of the return in a professional manner without the judgmental and condescending temperament that the other manager had and when the other manager arrived he was very confrontational in mannerism from the start not sure as to what the other manager told him when he called him to the service desk. although the second manager that I spoke with seem to have lost his confrontational mannerism shortly after she began to explain the situation to him however the issue that I had with the refund still has yet to be resolved I appreciate you taking time to review my complaint and I would love for this issue to be looked into with my refund as well as with the issues I had with management and the way they treat customers they're at the Range Line Store...

Bm